Author Topic: Need Bigger Text? Read This!  (Read 2413 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Need Bigger Text? Read This!
« on: September 01, 2006, 09:41:49 pm »
To those who may have missed the post  in the Welcome Message about increasing your text size: If you have Internet Explorer as a browser (internet-looker-atter) and you have used the "View" button in your toolbar and are still getting eyestrained trying to read the text, particularly when writing a post, you may want to download Mozilla Firefox and use it as your default browser.

Go to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ and download their free browser. Open the Forum using the Firefox Browser (click on the thingy that pops up on your desktop) and press ctrl and hit the + a couple of times or more and VOILA--HUGE text!! .  Even in the reply post box.  To shrink it back down hit ctrl - .  They call the favorites "bookmarks" and I find them easier to manage than IE. (You tech heads probably know all about this stuff-but alot of us had gray hair before we ever had a computer!)
Any questions, feel free to message me.

Capt Deb 8)
'puter guru to the cyber-challenged ;D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 09:44:42 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Need Bigger Text? Read This!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 06:38:47 am »
Thanks Capt!  You explain it so I understand.  I am computer challenged.  I thought I was going to need stronger glasses or a magnifying glass!
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Static

Re: Need Bigger Text? Read This!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 03:42:20 pm »
Omg, it's the best!  I already use firefox, my daughter, the computer student, thinks it is the best.  No more eyestrain for me!  thankies!!
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right