Author Topic: One Year MRI after Translab  (Read 3480 times)

Manders

• Look closely. God's fingerprints are everywhere.
    • Awkward Turtles
One Year MRI after Translab
« on: June 29, 2013, 08:24:16 pm »
It's been quite a few months since I've posted anything on here. Now that I'm over a year post-surgery I've completely re-immersed myself back into my life and, thankfully, don't spend the time that I used to obsessing over my AN.
I did, however, want to hop on to say that my one year MRI did come back clear with no signs of tumor regrowth! I'm to have another MRI in a few years and if that one comes back clean then, according to my doctor, I'm "effectively cured."
Thanks again to all of my fellow AN-ers who helped me through this past year and my prayers and thoughts are with all of you who are still making decision about treatment and surgery. As always, I would encourage you to visit my blog: www.awkwardturlesan.blogspot.com if you'd like to read about my experience and about what helped and what didn't. I really want to be able to turn around and help others who are in my position and I've found my blog is one way I can do that.
Best of luck to all of you and happy turtling!
Diagnosed February 2012 * 1.3cm tumor * Experienced sudden & total hearing loss in 2007 in right ear * Translab scheduled for May 11, 2012*Follow my blog at: www.awkwardturtlesan.blogspot.com

Kathleen_Mc

Re: One Year MRI after Translab
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 09:06:17 pm »
 ;D
Great news!
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 01:01:16 pm »
Hi, Amanda ~

Congratulations on your excellent one-year MRI results - and thanks for updating us.   :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Manders

• Look closely. God's fingerprints are everywhere.
    • Awkward Turtles
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 08:53:37 pm »
Woops! It looks like the link to my blog is not working because it's misspelled. Thanks for letting me know, Dave! The correct web address is: www.awkwardturtlesan.blogspot.com.
Diagnosed February 2012 * 1.3cm tumor * Experienced sudden & total hearing loss in 2007 in right ear * Translab scheduled for May 11, 2012*Follow my blog at: www.awkwardturtlesan.blogspot.com

tamim.horizon

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 11:15:39 pm »
Hi, I got my 1 yr post MRI today. It is almost same as 3 months post MRI. But a white thing can be seen on both the MRI. Doctors said it may be scar cell or in the worst case tumor regrowth. Could anyone suggest whether they can see scar cell on their post surgery MRI?

Thanks
Tamim
AN: right 48mm
surgery 8th Oct 2012

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 09:36:15 am »
Hey, good seeing you again!! Congrats on the clean MRI...always a good thing, huh? I know we all would rather not have to go through all this crap again if we can avoid it! :)  Keep it up, and see ya when we see ya! ;)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston