Author Topic: Face Drooped  (Read 8474 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Face Drooped
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 06:42:56 pm »
Thank you for explaining that one for me.  No I do not like MRI's.  I have had the worst technicians do mine.  I have had seven so far in sixteen months.  My veins have collapsed and blown out on the contrast ones and I am very claustraphobic, so I get very nauseated.  The one I had right after my surgery, the idiot tried to tape my head down so that I wouldn't move it.  I practically punched him out and then he asked where the hole in my forehead came from!  I think that before the techs are allowed to do an MRI, they should know a little something about the suspected reason for the MRI.  My whatever it is, is lasting a little longer than it is supposed to, but my lip is quivering like Elvis'.  Maybe I can make some money with it.
BrendaO
Thank you all for the prayers.
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 09:55:28 pm »
Brendalu-
Whenever I get "stuck" (I.V.'d) I warn them in advance that my veins are fragile and demand the best sticker they've got. Even if they have to go get an ER nurse (they are the best.) My first trip to the hospital with a severe migraine following my hearing test (which is when my AN was diagnosed) it took 8 tries before they got an IV in me. The first person was a student nurse, she missed twice. Lesson learned.
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 05:28:42 am »
Capt Deb
They use a butterfly on my and unfortunately my veins are deep and roll and not in good shape.  One tech actually asked me if I was a drug user!  I asked for another tech.  I don't get to have my MRI's at the hospital.  We have many, many stand alone MRI facilities.  The last one I had on my lumber was in a stand-up MRI, but I got to sit down.  It wasn't much better, but they sure think of everything.  Maybe when they see that my arms are already bruised and battered (I fell again) they will take it easy on me! ::)BrendaLu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

amymeri

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 06:06:53 am »
So are we talking TIA or something else "TI"...or does the TI stand for transiet ischemia?  Because I have had many patients with TIAs but their symptoms always spontaneously resolve in a brief time (hence the "transiet") and don't persist so long.  I guess the MRI will tell.

They use a pediatric needle on me for the IV constrast because my normally good veins disappear on MRI day!

I hope this turns out to be a good MRI...good experience and good results!!!

Capt Deb!  LOLOLOLO  WHO asks an MRI patient if they are a drug abuser...that's WILDLY inappropriate!  Isn't it amazing what we have to put up with?  Once I had a patient getting a MRI for something else and the tech called in to ask if she was ever diagnosed with a brain tumor.  She said "No, why?" and he answered "oh nothing".  She freaked out of course.  But the report came back clean and we never knew WHY he asked that....nearly causing her to panic!

Oh, the patience of Job...that's all we need to get throught this ::)
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

Brendalu

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 06:54:01 am »
TIA.........but it also could be something else.  Only all of the tests will tell.  My doctor did say that they won't keep me hanging on this one...I will have the results no later than tomorrow.
Techs, or rather some of them, don't think before they speak. 
Gotta go get ready for the short bus!
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ratthebrat

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 07:12:37 am »
hey there i also had this problem after my surgery. But this happen in the hopital just hours out of surgery. i did work hard on my such as massaging it all the time and working on smiling. it did all of the sudden come right back just as fast as it was gone it was back again. Every one may be different but that is my side of my story. i know what you are going through hang in there you are not alone. I am three years out and i am still having aftermath from the tumor!!!