Author Topic: Chris Update  (Read 2783 times)

chrissmom

Chris Update
« on: September 06, 2006, 06:44:46 pm »
 :) Hi all...

Some good news to report...Chris is doing very well in his recovery.  He is now walking unassisted on a treadmill  but he still has to hold on. He is going up and down stairs very quickly now.  His endurance has greatly improved and he is taking intensive PT and OT 4 hours a week.  His writing is beginning to come back too and the tremors are finally all gone.  He is networking with his friends again and goes on short excursions with them to Chinese restaurants, movies etc.  He is taking the semester off from Penn State but wants to go back next term.  He seems to be adjusting well to the new Chris.

He had a spot on his recent MRI, it worries me but another MRI is scheduled in 6 mo. The spot isn't in the ear but in the tumor bed area.  I'm praying the spot will be gone.

He has anastomosis surgery scheduled Oct. 30, just before Halloween.  The Drs. claim that the facial nerve isn't coming back even though it wasn't severed.

We're still deciding about BAHA.  It could be done the same day but we may wait.

Survival Nate

• TravAddic
Re: Chris Update
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 07:04:52 pm »
Thats Cool to hear that he is doing so well, if the nerve is still intact, it should come back the doctor told me mine would not get any better but it always is. And the MRI if there is still a small amount thats nothing now he can always say "i've been through worse" I still have a little they hit it with GK and I have never got a confirmed dead or alive "wait and watch" but dont worry its not worth the time you should be enjoying

at age 21yo
AN 5.05cm removed Feb 2005
Gamma Knifed July 2005
at age 31yo
AN regrowth @ 1.5cm - 2014
Pituitary Gland tumor 2mm
https://www.travaddic.com/

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 08:03:15 pm »
Sounds like he's progressing.  Nate has the cross hearing aids and likes them.  I'm going to check them out soon.  I finally got my letter of clearance from the ent.  I didn't like the idea of something being screwed into my tendar head!

what kind of spot?  I had a cyst show up which I was told was normal and not to worry.  Hope things keep going well!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 09:05:18 pm »
What wonderful news for Chris and his family.  Ahhh, the wonders of youth..they recover so quickly.  I'd still be crawling around on my hands and knees!!  Hugs and more hugs to you and Chris!!

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode