Author Topic: The time has come  (Read 4648 times)

Mary More

The time has come
« on: October 27, 2013, 03:26:53 am »
Hi everyone, 
the time had come. One day left before the surgery. Not sleeping tonight, too much on my mind, so I decided to write this wonderful support group a note.
All though I feel very nervous I am at peace with all of this. Please say a prayer for me wish me luck and pray that my surgeons go in with a clear mind and steady hands. I pray that God watch over me and guides my surgical team.
I will give an up date as soon as I can.
Mary

volleymom

• had pressure on my Pons
Re: The time has come
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 04:42:54 am »
Mary,
Try to have a good day today.  Get some walking done outdoors in the fresh air.  Eat your favorite foods, have some halloween treats and spend time with your family.
Go in tomorrow with your same continued peace and confidence in your surgical team.

Soon, you will be recovering and taking short walks outside to improve your balance and stamina.  The more you get up and around afterwards, the better it will all be.

Good Luck wishes to you,

Kathy
9mm X 16mm diagonsed in August 2009.  Retrosigmoid Nov, 2009 at OHSU in Portland, OR.
post-op had some facial nerve weakness, nearly resolved. Mild tinnitus. Left sided deafness.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 01:47:18 pm »
Hi, Mary ~

I just want you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.  Looking forward to an update whenever you can manage it.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mary More

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 02:59:45 pm »
Thanks Kathy,
 Today was a busy day, open house here at McGill university, my youngest daughter looking at schools. Tonight relax and take my special shower hopefully I sleep then get up at 4:30am take my second special shower. Got to make sure I have everything ready.😷
Thank you again.
Mary

Mary More

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 03:00:28 pm »
Thank you Jim. Any tips?
Mary

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 03:41:26 pm »
Thank you Jim.  Any tips?

Don't over-pack for the hospital.   It's not a vacation or a resort.  Many people bring a lot of things they never get to use.  A nightgown, slippers and Chap Stick seems to be basic.  I didn't bring much of anything but a bathrobe. 

You'll be pretty woozy immediately post-op and sleep a lot.  Well, I did.  Next day I graduated to sitting in an in-room recliner for a few hours.  The third day I was walking the halls with my spouse.  By Day Four I was bored and still doing a lot of hall-walking.   By Day Five I was complaining about being kept in the hospital (I had no complications and was weak but otherwise O.K.) The PT nurse made me undergo a balance test and when I passed it the hospital discharged me. 

Every AN surgery patient has a slightly different experience.  Some are home within three days but five days is the norm for the post-op hospital stay. 

I went in with a very positive attitude and didn't expect any complications.  My faith was rewarded.  I strongly suggest trying to remain positive (easier said than done, I know).  I'm confident you'll do well and be back home and recovering before you know it.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mary More

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 08:58:28 pm »
Thanks Jim
I've packed the essentials. Showered now I will try to sleep for a few hours.
You are what I'm aiming to repeat, no complications and a quick recovery.
I will give you guys news as soon as I can.
Good night and thank you again.

Mary

suzana242

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 11:34:45 pm »
Dear Mary,

Hope you will have a successful surgery. The only thing I can remind you with is don't stop praying.

Best of luck

suzana
knew about A.N. 9th Oct 2013
size 8mm-7mm-6mm
Don't know what to do :(

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 09:17:13 am »
Dear Mary,

You have done your homework!  now settle back and let God take care of the rest, speedy recovery to you! You are among many friends here! Blog when you can! We're pulling for you!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Echo

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 10:11:57 am »
Thinking of you today Mary.  Hope all goes well.

Cathie.
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 11:36:32 am »
Dear Mary,

I prayed yesterday and I'm continuing to pray today!We will wait a while before contacting you. Rest and sleep now.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!