Author Topic: It's a Christmas Miracle!  (Read 2208 times)

Kelly718

It's a Christmas Miracle!
« on: December 23, 2013, 02:20:28 pm »
7 years ago I was diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma (a rare benign brain tumor). It completely flipped my young life upside down. After a very lengthy (13 hour) surgery by one of the best surgeons around, I began my recovery and got right back to work and life. A few years later, I was blessed with my two beautiful children who I love more than life itself. The one thing I did not have was peace of mind that the small bit of tumor left behind would not grow. Each time I would prepare for an MRI, I would struggle with much anxiety and stress. Well, this year my prayers were finally answered! My MRI showed a drastic reduction in the size and my surgeon calls it “remarkable”. He says it seems like it is gone for good and should no longer be a worry for me! I have my peace! It’s all I’ve wanted every Christmas since the day I was diagnosed. I felt this worthy of a shout out to me!! I’m a survivor!! Happy Holidays!! May peace and joy be with you this Christmas and always! Kelly xoxo
3X3cm AN removed via retrosigmoid, 3/07

Dr. Davis is my hero! :)
A sense of humor goes a long way!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: It's a Christmas Miracle!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 03:03:41 pm »
Hi, Kelly ~

Sincere congratulations on your disappearing tumor fragment.  Miracles do happen (more often than we realize).  Congratulations too on the children that have given you such joy.  Thanks for your life-affirming post at Christmas time, when it's most appreciated!

Merry Christmas! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

TexasSprinter

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 01:11:50 am »
Kelly--that's great news and I'm sure a big relief for you. Merry Christmas.
Scott

Gloria Nailor

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 03:34:41 pm »
So glad to hear this....our prayers do get answered, but not always as fast as we'd like : )
4/2011 diagnosed with 3 cm AN on right side
6/15/2011 retrosigmoid craniotomy which resulted in SSD, severe facial paralysis
7/2011 gold weight placed right eye lid
5/2012 tarsorrpapny right eye
6/2012 woke up with a smile
1/2013 cranioplasty because a screw came out of my head!
6-7/13 regrowth, GK