Author Topic: 100% Success Thanks to Dr. R. Friedman at Keck Medical Center USC  (Read 2704 times)

Little_Bear

• Be extraordinary
Greetings..

Happy Holidays to everybody, I am 25 years old, and 2 weeks ago I had my Middle Fossa surgery on my Acoustic Neuroma and received the best birthday and Christmas gifts ever. Dr. Friedman preserved 100% of my hearing, 100% of my facial nerve, and the tumor was resected 100% as well. I was out of the hospital in 2 days with little swelling/pain/dizziness and switched to just using Tylenol. I was able to go out Christmas shopping shortly after. I firmly believe Dr. Friedman and the Acoustic Neuroma team at Keck Medical Center USC, Los Angeles, is the solution for everybody with an Acoustic Neuroma. I am extremely grateful for his expertise in this field, and his deep interest and caring in a patients quality of life. I strongly believe if I went elsewhere for this surgery, I would not have had this 100% pristine outcome. I had to travel from Washington State to L.A., but it was more than worth it to be given my life back. I would strongly recommend contacting Dr. Friedman for a telephone consultation before making any decisions.

May everyone find the tranquility that I found with my choice.

rm516

• 'incremental improvements' everyday!
Re: 100% Success Thanks to Dr. R. Friedman at Keck Medical Center USC
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 03:26:04 pm »
Excellent outcome(s) ! Bless you and your doctor's team.....
This is an inspirational story that we all long for.
Happy holidays to all!
Diagnosed AN in 2008,  3.2 cm CPA round, retrosigmoid surgery performed by Dr. M. Sisti, Columbia Pres.Hospital  NY, in Jan 2013, After surgery no major issues, Hearing retained (>50% ). However, 2 YRs post surgery MRI shows a further decrease in the size of residual AN! No GK or any therapy needed.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 02:57:27 pm »
Bear ~

Your AN experience is extraordinary and I appreciate you posting it here as an example that good AN surgery outcomes are possible.  May your recovery continue at this brisk pace! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Little_Bear

• Be extraordinary
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 12:37:56 am »
Hello,

rm516, thank you, I see in your tag that you have a procedure in the middle of January, I wish you luck! Please keep in touch with how you are doing.

Jim, I thank you for your good wishes. I know I am very fortunate to have had such a successful surgery, and hope the best for everybody that has to deal with this medical condition.