Author Topic: Post Brain Tumor Fatigue  (Read 4719 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Post Brain Tumor Fatigue
« on: September 13, 2006, 02:50:21 pm »
Our cruise director just sent me a pamphlet about post-treatment fatigue issues that brain tumor patients face, and boy was it enlightening. Now that my headaches are being managed a whole lot better, thanks to the miracles of modern medicine, I feel that I "should" be able to do most of the stuff the my formerly hyperactive self used to.  I kind of beat myself up sometimes for being a little lazy.  I'm just too tired sometimes to work, go anywhere, take care of my family, and even avoid seeing Thing1 and Thing 2 (2 boy-grand-babies) at times.

I can't post it here because I'd have to type the bleepin' thing and I'm too tired!! I can't copy/paste it cuz it's a scan.  I can email the scan Phyll sent me, to anyone who messages me their private email if you would like! (If you are unfamiliar with messaging on this forum, just click on the little envelope thingy to the left, under the wench in the pirate hat, and a message box will pop up.)

Capt Deb 8)

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

stein78

Re: Post Brain Tumor Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 12:45:50 pm »
Thanks Capt Deb!  I uploaded the file to my personal website so people can dowload it.  Here it is!

CLICK ME FOR THE ARTICLE  (or right click the link and select 'save target as' to save it to your computer)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 12:47:21 pm by stein78 »
29 years old
2.5cm AN - left side
Removed May 10th, 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago, IL

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 02:17:45 pm »
I looooove people who know how to use these dang 'puters better'n me!!!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 06:14:26 pm »
If I ever figure out my puter, I'll post my pic.  I know theres help listed on this site. Just need to do it.

Stein78,   What a handsome Translab you have.!!!   Check the thread on east coast higher number of AN's, You may need to post your pic there.  thanks for setting up this article, It  very helpful to be able to send it to others who may wonder why were so lethargic.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Static

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 09:29:57 pm »
Thank you so much for the link to the copy of the pamphlet.  It was very enlightening and made me realize its time I do something more concrete than to just think that I feel like I never have any energy.  Maybe it's not all in my mind.
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 10:28:21 pm »
thrilled to hear the brochure is helpful. I found it extremely enlightening and it certainly helped me understand that level of fatigue I experience is far more than typical fatigue and great suggestions in there to help counter-act it.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

matti

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 10:45:41 pm »
Thank you for posting this info. I tend to beat myself up and feel guilty for not being able to function the way I used to. I was a control freak and letting go of that was very difficult. Learning to delegate was not an easy task at first, but am doing much better with it now.

cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

lmurray69

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 09:06:30 pm »
 I thank you for the letter. it describes me all the way..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/