Author Topic: Just diagnosed. Going to Vanderbilt. Anyone been there?  (Read 2333 times)

bamagal

Just diagnosed. Going to Vanderbilt. Anyone been there?
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:00:56 pm »
I have just been diagnosed with AN. I have an appointment at the Vanderbilt Skull Base Center in Nashville. Wondering if anyone has been there, how was the experience, and what doctor did you see? I am very thankful to have found ANA and all the information. 

Thanks!

Ned

Re: Just diagnosed. Going to Vanderbilt. Anyone been there?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 06:44:28 am »
I met with one of the surgeons David Haynes. I also met with Dr. Steve Abrams at St Thomas as well as Sara Cannon Cancer Center.  Ended up having radiation at Sara Cannon.
2003   1.5cmX1,6cmx1.3cm
FSR Sara Cannon Cancer Center  Nashville
2006  1.1 cmX1.2cmX .9cm

Hokiegal

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 10:40:55 am »
Bamagal, sorry you have joined the "club", but very glad you found this forum.  There have been recent posts about Vanderbilt.  One I recall in particular was from a member of the military, who was concerned about his ability to remain on active duty post-op.  As I recall he was pleased with his outcome.  Try typing Vanderbilt in the search box and read through those threads.  Maybe you can connect directly with others who have been there.  Best of luck to you in your journey :)
3.0cm AN diagnosed 08/11, age 47
surgery 09/11, Dr. Patel (MUSC), 95% removed
SSD with tinnitus, right side facial paralysis, vision and balance issues
facial movement much improved, and still returning after 3yrs
"We are better than we think, and not quite what we want to be."  Nikki Giovanni

bamagal

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 09:30:49 pm »
Thank you for your comments and well wishes. I will try the Vanderbilt search. My journey is just beginning...