Author Topic: experienced doctor?  (Read 2493 times)

red

experienced doctor?
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:52:53 pm »
Thank you to everyone who answered so many questions that we have regarding this AN situation.  Has anyone out there heard of a doctor at the University of Utah hospital named Frank Warren.  I have read that some of you have had experience with a doctor named Clough Shelton.  I believe that this Dr. Warren works through the same ear clinic as this Dr. Clough Shelton.  Do you folks recommend that we try to see Dr. Shelton?  Do we ask our ent to get us referred to these doctors in other places like CA and Portland and Seattle, or do we try to do that ourselves.   We really are starting out and a little clueless.  Thanks for any help.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: experienced doctor?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 11:24:19 pm »
REd,

Not familiar with Dr. Warren. I don't recall seeing his name on the roster at the U0fU ENT clinic where Shelton is. Since it is a learning hospital, he could be a brand new Doc that just finished his residency or a new Doc brought in from elsewhere. The main thing is to ask him how many AN surgeries he has done, or does in a month, year. You can google him and possibly pull up his resume/history. I was actually diagnosed by a Dr. Hillman at the UofU clinic. ALthough I liked him just fine, he had only been doing AN surgeries a few years at the time of my diagnosis. Shelton was definetely the expert. I asked Hillman to write me the needed referral for insurance to see Shelton and told him I needed a second opinion for my insurance. He said he understood if I decdied to have Shelton do the surery, which I did.  In all of my research I keep going back to the House clinic in Calif, but Shelton's experience and having been a Doc ther for so many years and now the top dog at the U and teaching this surgery to interns. I chose him because I felt he was well qualified and I was lucky he was close to home. Do all the research you can. If it means going to tim buck too to get the best Doc, then go there. This is your brain/head/life your talking about. You have to make the best educated decision, and it 's not an easy one.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year