Author Topic: Doctor in Georgia?  (Read 2917 times)

nursepeachie

Doctor in Georgia?
« on: June 14, 2005, 07:20:00 pm »
Hi! Does anyone know of a good doc in the northeast georgia/ Gainesville area?  I have seen an ENT there, scheduled for a MRI next week. He thinks I have a tumor on the auditory nerve.  Just want to be sure I have the best doc around!  Thanks!

russ

Re: Doctor in Georgia?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 10:42:45 pm »
Hi
  Can't think of Drs names right now, but facilities. 'Shands' in Gainsville and 'University of Florida' in Jackson. I believe they are rated pretty well for surgery.
  Russ

Patrick

Re: Doctor in Georgia?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 07:34:37 am »
I live in Southeast Georgia and had my AN removed October 7th of last year. I went to Shands and met with the doctors there first, and then went to get a second opinion at Emory in Atlanta and am very happy that I did. I decided to have my translab at Emory. The doctors and the Emory staff were unbeatable and not only with me but they made sure my family was taken care of and kept them informed during the surgery. The doctors I had and performed my surgery were:

Douglas E. Mattox, MD (ENT)
Professor and Chair
Department of Otolaryngology
Head & Neck Surgery
Otology, Neurotology
Skull Base Surgery
404-778-3381

and also

Jeffery Olson, MD
He is also department head at Emory in the Neurosurgery. His phone number is 404-778-5121.

I feel blessed with my outcome with no problems. But I also feel blessed to have been close enough to Emory (250 miles) and two great doctors. Email if you have any questions.

Patrick Moore