Author Topic: next MRI  (Read 2109 times)

MMusella

next MRI
« on: April 28, 2015, 06:18:47 am »
I haven't been on here in awhile. .because life has kept me busy, I am back 100% of everything  (thankful to wonderful surgeons,a great vestibular rehabilitation and supportive friends) also before I had my surgery, going in with a great look at life..everything before,during and after was exactly what the doctors had told me..I go next at 6 months (end of May)for a MRI and to see my nuerosurgeon(my results are read and he reads them too same day there sent over) and was told if everything looks good every year so after..I have stuck with my team who did my surgery because of my outcome and doing alot of research beforehand  (and bedside manner is phenomenal )they did get all the tumor out,3.5 cm ....I do go again in August with my ENT  (who also did my surgery ) to discuss the implantation device that transmits for hearing (the only downfall of it ,was loosing my hearing they like you to go 6 months to a year without anything before putting in anything. (Let the body adjust ) i have done a ton of research about different implants and device's, ,This surgery has come along way from the past till now and here's hoping to knowledge and new research that it goes even farther  (who knows maybe someday you won't have to loose your hearing and still have the same outcome )..so fingers crossed my next MRI shows nothing, ..and everything will go smoothly with the device. ..wish well
 to all!!! Remember it definitely is mind over matter for a great outcome!!!!
40 years old, was diagnosed with a 3.5cm.(right side)AN in Nov, 2014 and having surgery on January 13th 2015, live in upstate NY..had a 13 hour surgery. .100%tumor removal. I did 8 weeks of vestibular rehabilitation and went back to my life and career,  with no side effects :)... life is great!!!

MG

Re: next MRI
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 08:12:57 am »
Wonderful news MMusella!

Best of luck with your MRI! :)
MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016