Author Topic: Headache as AN symptom?  (Read 3078 times)

Jill_S

Headache as AN symptom?
« on: October 29, 2015, 08:15:08 am »
Still waiting for a diagnostic MRI scheduled for Monday. In the meantime, I'm doing my best to stay positive and focused on all things not AN. (If you want the full run-down on my condition and symptoms, check out my previous thread in this same sub-forum.)

However, this morning when I went for my daily walk, I noticed that, for the first time, I actually felt a little "sway-y" when I moved. And, I also noticed that I had a slight headache.

I hardly ever get headaches. I can't even remember the last time I had one. So, this is something out of the ordinary.

I am trying at the moment to chalk it up to my Prednisone taper. I am down to 10mg today from a high of 60mg sometime last week. However, I haven't noticed this during the rest of the taper. It just popped up this morning!

And, ominously, I think, this is a one-sided headache --- on my bad side.

I'm assuming symptomatic (as opposed to post-surgical headaches) are one-sided? Do they also tend to occur in certain patterns? Or parts of the head?

Even if it is a symptom of a possible AN progressing, I supposed there is nothing I can do at this point.

However, I am also wondering, if I do find out the worst on Monday, that I have a giant AN pressing on the brain stem or something, and I need surgery, would I still be able to schedule surgery with the best surgeons? At what point would this thing become an emergency that I just need to get done with whomeever? Did anyone here have relatively advanced symptoms and still have time to schedule with the best?

I know I am running way out ahead of things here, since I don't even have a diagnosis yet, but the idea is once again to somehow set my mind at ease.

Thanks!

Jill_S

Re: Headache as AN symptom?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 09:50:48 am »
Wow. Whatever the cause, this headache is getting bad pretty quick. From a 2 on the pain scale before, I'm up to a 6-7 now. Going to just lie down.

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
Re: Headache as AN symptom?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:31:44 pm »
Jill - The technical term for what you’re experiencing is “Wonky Head.” My advice to you is back away from the keyboard and relax. Have a bowl of Ice Cream. Go to a movie. Walk your dog. If you don’t have a dog, now would be a good time to adopt one. But whatever you do, stay away from ‘all things AN’ until you’ve been formally diagnosed with a brain booger of your own.

Take Care ;)

Doc
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:40:16 pm by Doc »
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.