Author Topic: Update from feb 22 translab surgery  (Read 4999 times)

lisav

Update from feb 22 translab surgery
« on: March 14, 2016, 01:29:54 pm »
Hello all. I had my translab surgery at Tampa General on Feb. 22 with Dr. Agazzi and Dr. Allen. The surgery was 5 hours long and they were able to remove the entire tumor with no complications.  Surgery was Monday and I went home on Wednesday. I used a walker for only a couple days then used a cane only when I was going for my walks everyday.  Today was the first day I walked without the cane and went for an hour and did okay. Today is 3 weeks post surgery. I have SSD but really haven't noticed a difference since before surgery because my hearing was mostly gone but then. I took pain meds for a few days but they made me very sick. I felt tons better when I stopped them. I still have headaches but they are not bad. I take Aleve or Tylenol if I need to.  Honestly I was so nervous about surgery and I am just amazed at how well I am doing and how good I feel. I have off work until April 25.  Make sure you find doctors who make you feel comfortable and then put your trust in them. I cannot say enough about Dr. Agazzi and Dr. Allen. I still find it pretty crazy that I had brain surgery!  I am also so grateful that I found this forum. It saved me when I was first diagnosed.

Take care everyone.
Diagnosed 9-14-2015
1.5x1.6x1.2 cm
2nd MRI on 1-18-2016 now 2.20 cm
Translab scheduled for 2-22-16
Tampa General with Dr. Agazzi and Dr. Allen.

alabamajane

Re: Update from feb 22 translab surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 03:06:37 pm »
Congrats, Lisav!
Glad you have had such an unremarkable journey so far and I am sure your recovery will be swift also,,, you are off to a wonderful start.

It is great to hear successful surgery stories as so many are so fearful of it. Thank you for posting so quickly. Best of luck to you for continued recovery. It truly does help to get the most experienced team you can for any type treatment.

Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

areles

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:34:07 pm »
i'm so glad you're doing well!  please keep us apprised of your progress.  :)

this is such a scary thing, so it's awesome to hear of folks enduring and doing well afterward!  godspeed.
22 y/o son:

2.8cm dx 12/31/15
translab (10 hours) at house clinic 2/23/16 - dr schwartz, dr miller
surgical repair of csf leak 2/27/16 - dr miller, dr chen
as of 2/28/16, still in hospital, with tentative release scheduled for 3/1/16
{indeed sprung 10:15a 3/1/16}

CelesteMarie

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 05:59:10 pm »
This is such a wonderful story as I will be having translab by the same doctors on July 19th! So happy you are doing so well Lisa & best wishes for continued successful recovery!!  :)

CelesteMarie

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 03:23:12 pm »
Hi Lisa! Just was thinking about you & how your doing!

lisav

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 11:39:22 am »
Hey Celeste. I am actually doing really well. I continue to improve each day. I am walking for over an hour and just started riding my bike again. I am resting a lot too. I had a day last week when I felt somewhat dizzy all day so I just stayed on the couch and felt better the next day. I am basically just letting my brain heal. I see Dr. Agazzi on April. 18 then I should be able to go back to work on April 25. I hope you are doing well. I was so nervous and scared especially when surgery was far away. As it got closer, I kind of forgot about being scared and just want the crappy thing out of my head! Dr. Agazzi and Dr. Allen are so amazing........you will be fine. Take care.
Diagnosed 9-14-2015
1.5x1.6x1.2 cm
2nd MRI on 1-18-2016 now 2.20 cm
Translab scheduled for 2-22-16
Tampa General with Dr. Agazzi and Dr. Allen.

CelesteMarie

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 06:01:53 pm »
Lisa, it's so great to hear how well your doing! I'm so glad I picked the same doctors! I do have so much faith in them & especially from your experience! I try not to focus on it all the time even though it's hard, and I keep busy, but  I do get nervous & scared. Hearing how well your doing definitely puts me a little more at ease! I hope you continue to recover so well & look forward to your next update :).

WhatnotGems

• WhatnotGems Vintage on Etsy
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 08:42:36 am »
I was just diagnosed with an AN by my endocrinologist. I have my first appointment with Kyle P. Allen MD at the C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center in Bay Pines Florida. As I begin this journey your post has help me feel better.  I hope you are still doing well.
June 2016 diagnosed Acoustic Neuroma is 11 x 7 mm
2005 diagnosed Pituitary Adenoma now 16 x 6 x 7 mm

rwpennell

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 08:58:28 pm »
My husband just had his acoustic neuroma removed by Dr. Christopher Danner and Dr. Agazzi at Tampa General. I agree Dr. Agazzi and Danner are fabulous. So many people were worried but they made me feel so at ease about it all. I trusted them completely and the surgery came out great. He had a similar recovery like you but we are less than a week out right now. Anyone in Southwest Florida should know what miracle workers these guys are. Glad to hear things are going well. My husband is starting to get depressed because he thinks less than a week out he should be getting better. I tried to tell him it's not going to be that easy. He's young so he thinks he should bounce back with no issues. This is the brain we are talking about!

Also the ICU nurses at Tampa General were SO GOOD! They were just wonderful.