Author Topic: Vestibular Therapist recommendation in DC area  (Read 2897 times)

Anne S B

Vestibular Therapist recommendation in DC area
« on: April 03, 2016, 12:22:32 pm »
Can anyone recommend a vestibular therapist in or near Bethesda, MD?  I'm struggling with balance and have not been good about locating a therapist.  I am soon to be three years after treatment.  Somehow I was always dealing with other problems (back issues, a broken toe, etc.) and put this off.  Now I have a new prescription from my doctor at Johns Hopkins, but don't know where to go locally. 
Thanks for any help.  I'm tired of walking like a drunk and bumping into door frames!

researcher

Re: Vestibular Therapist recommendation in DC area
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 06:38:53 pm »
Hi! Here is a website that gives the names of doctors that deal with patients and their vestibular disorders. Hope this helps.

http://vestibular.org/finding-help-support/provider-directory?name=&circle_op=%3C&circle%5Blocation%5D=dc&circle%5Bvalue%5D=

staypoz

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 01:14:19 pm »
The folks at Hopkins gave me a list of folks in the DC area when I was discharged.  Did they give you one?  If not, I might go back to them and see if that list still exists.  I wound up going to my regular physical therapist.  He had the balance exercises and worked with me for about a month after my surgery.  My balance problems were relatively mild, and I don't know if he would be able to help you.  I do know he has worked with at least one other AN patient.  If you want to PM me, I'll give you the PT's name and contact info.  He has offices in DC and VA.   

Anne S B

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 11:36:21 am »
 I didn't get a list after my treatment in 2013, although the doctor did recommend I see a therapist about my balance issues.  I now have a new prescription, but want to make sure I go to the right PT.  Since I am also dealing with back problems I don't know if I should do both types of therapy at the same time.  Did you like your doctors at Hopkins?