Author Topic: GenTeal eye gel  (Read 10175 times)

LaMar

Re: GenTeal eye gel
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 11:32:43 am »
Sorry about all the questions, but no one has really talked to me about it.  All of my doctors still cant believe that i have it so they are treating me like a child - they say i am jsut so young....but, what is a gold weight?
LaMar Resch
US Army
3.5cm tumor in right side
Removed 5 Dec 2005 @ MUSC by
Dr. Lambert

wanderer

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 02:19:51 pm »
not to be an alarmist but If you have had this for more than a few days,  get yourself to an opthamologist ASAP.   Have them check your eye out to make sure you don't have any scratches or scarring.

My paralysis was caused by post op swelling and with medication (steroids) it resolved on it's own.     Absolutely begin using eye drops immediately.   Do not let the eye get dried out if it does not close all the way, or blink.

The gold weight is an implant that adds weight so that they eyelid will close more easily.    The first moment they noticed I was unable to close my eye all the way the nurse got me eyedrops and had me start taking them.   She then got the doctor to come see me.    At first I didn't think it was that big of a deal,  but after reading about it I found out that is was a very big deal.    One problem is you have no clue what your eye is doing when you are asleep.    For instance My eye would come open if I fell asleep with out taping it shut.   Simply rolling over and having something rough like a piece of cloth is enough to injure your eye.

With in days you can damage your eyesight if you do not take precautions.  This is considered an emergency by eye doctors so getting in to see one should not be hard.

LaMar

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 03:52:34 pm »
Thanks wanderer - I have noticed that pre-operative my eye has already been effected.  I will have siomething in my eye and wont know it.  My eye-lid twitches all the time and my vision gets blurry.  I jsut squench my eyes till i get tears or wash it out with the stuff the doctor gave me - i think it is just eye drops with a neat top that fits around my eye.  Thanks for the info on the gold weight I had not heard about that.
LaMar Resch
US Army
3.5cm tumor in right side
Removed 5 Dec 2005 @ MUSC by
Dr. Lambert

Jeanlea

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 05:03:14 pm »
Here's another question about non-blinking or tearing eyes?  How do you handle taking showers?  For now I wear swimming goggles to keep out the soap and water.  What do other people do?

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

wanderer

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 05:13:28 pm »
I just tilted my head back and tried to get the shampoo running down the back of my head.    Didn't always work but that's what I did.   

Water never really bugged me I just put drops in afterwards.

Karen

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 05:28:41 pm »
How do you all use the ointment withou the eye looking greasy all the time?  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Terrie

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 08:20:54 am »
All these questions and answers about the dry eye and facial issues, got me thinking...I was told to get botox shots for my face to stop the constant blinking ( or trying to blink).  It did cut down on the blinking effect, I have since stopped going to him though. It gets expensive. $30.00 a visit for each doctor, my regular doctor, eye doctor, botox doctor, MRI doctor!!  Has anyone else ever had botox shots? 

wanderer

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 09:19:21 pm »
sorry I don't have any experience with that.   I had heard about botox for something but I had not heard about it for blinking.