Author Topic: The Hearing Matters Podcast  (Read 437 times)

donjehle

The Hearing Matters Podcast
« on: July 20, 2024, 04:38:33 pm »
There is a podcast I subscribe to called the Hearing Matters Podcast.  https://hearingmatterspodcast.com/

It is definitely NOT designed for those who have Acoustic Neuromas.  It seems to be more for students of Audiology, and sometimes goes way over my head in its technical jargon.  Nevertheless, the hosts, Blaise Delfino and Dr. Douglas Beck, sometimes have guests on the podcast who share information which can be interesting to those of us who have significant hearing loss.  Occasionally, they will have a guest who will talk about the latest hearing aid products or recommendations for hearing aid settings or speak about tinnitus.  Most of the time, the discussions have more to do with how audiologists should do their testing and other information geared more for audiology professionals.

I have been listening to the Hearing Matters Podcast now for several months, and I have learned enough good information that I thought it might be worthwhile to share the link above with those on this forum who also suffer from hearing loss and would like to know the latest in hearing matters.
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.