Author Topic: Relief!  (Read 2805 times)

marjoryb

Relief!
« on: December 14, 2006, 07:24:10 am »
I have posted several times about my headaches.   

Thanks to  a message to me from Capt. Deb  I got very concerned about the amount of Advil I was taking.  I saw my primary care physician yesterday and she, too, was concerned that I would do damage to my GI tract    with my Advil usage.   She prescribed a beta blocker that I took last night.   It is the first night I have slept all the way through - I woke up with a very minor headache but the intensity was so much lower than what I have been experiencing for the past few months .     I feel so much better - almost normal!   A full night of sleep really makes a difference too.

Marjoryb :D

Obita

Re: Relief!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 09:13:56 am »
Good news marjoryb.  Sleep does make a HUGE difference in how ANers feel.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 10:24:45 am »
Majory,

I'm thrilled to hear you worked with your dr on this.  Ibuprofen can really tear up the GI system (as you now already know... heck, my dr has me on Rx Prilosec because of the meds I take, which includes daily am doses of ibuprofen).

Sleep certainly allows the body to heal... and to feel better. Here's hoping the sleep-filled nights continue! Hang in there!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lorenzo

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 10:30:55 am »
HI all,

Interesting about the sleep. I found that my sleep pattern hass totally changed over the past year. I used to be a 22.oo to 7.00 type of guy. Now it's 20.00 to 4.00 or 5.00 person, and even earlier at times. I wonder if anybody else noticed a chaneg in their sleeping pattern, and if so what can one do? I'm not on any meds at all, only the occasional tylenol for when the weather wrecks havoc with my head. Wish somebody could tell me why this is. I miss my good nights sleep! :(

Ciao, Lorenzo

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 11:01:46 am »
YEEAAH  Marjorie,

You went sleepy, good for you !!!!!   
I've found on nights when my head feels extra extra 'stuffed up'   I take 2 Advil, & what a difference in the morning !!!
The stuffiness gets almost wiped out.    Sorry you still get headaches, I don't wish them on anyone.

Some nights I can sleep like a baby, other nights I'm up for the usual 2-3 times to pee (just love growing older ), but I can get right back to sleep, & other nights, FORGET ABOUT IT !!!!  if I get 3 hours it's alot !!  And I was like you Lorenzo, LOVED my 8 hours straight - geuss we can kiss those nights goodbye.

Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Lorenzo

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 11:08:07 am »
well, as we get older we need less sleep anyway, so maybe part of this is 'normal'. But, I'm not THAT older yet! :) Oh yeah, happy memories of the 8 hours straight through... bye bye.  Just as well that I was always a morning person, but at times this gets ridiculous. Sitting in front of the computer and working at 3 is a bit nuts.
Sleepingpills might do it...
Ciao, Lorenzo