Author Topic: Official Survey for Dr Medbery re: AN's and Fatigue  (Read 12262 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Official Survey for Dr Medbery re: AN's and Fatigue
« on: December 15, 2006, 12:51:18 pm »
http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=2682.new#new

Hi all,
The above thread is in the Radiosurgery section of this forum, but this survey actually applies to all AN patients.

If you are interested in completing the survey/form (takes less than 5 min), please let me know here so I can email it to you.  Dr. Medbery is graciously assisting with compiling this data as to why many of us are overwhelmed with fatigue, especially post-treatment.

Thanks!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lorenzo

Re: Official Survey for Dr Medbery re: AN's and Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 02:11:29 pm »
Hi Phyl, sure send it to me please, and I'll fill it in.
Ciao
Lorenzo

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 02:28:29 pm »
Hi Lorenzo!

Great! :)

Please email (PMO me here with your internet email address (ie: yahoo, AOL, MSN, blah blah blah) so I can email the document to you. It's a MS Word document.

thanks so much!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Dealy

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 03:55:09 pm »
Phyl: I would love to participate in your survey. However my home computer is on a Dial-up-System through the University that I work for and will not allow me to receive downloaded e-mails such as this survey. I hesitate to use the computer at work. Since I guess you are going to have to count me out. Sorry-Ron. I still love this forum though.

yoga52smh

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 05:01:53 pm »
Phyl,

How are you!! I sent you my email address iin a pmo. I might have "sent" it several times.  never used that feature before, so sorry if you got my message eight times?? I would like to fill out the survey too.  Thanks for asking about this.  Fatigue is a big pain that I would sure like an answer to.  Take care and happy holidays.
        sue          :D

Battyp

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 06:08:37 pm »
pop me over one of those...maybe he'll find a cure for what ails me??   ;)

Obita

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 07:19:23 pm »
Count me in Phyl........

Dealy:  I can print it and mail or fax it to you.......send me a message with info and I would be glad to do it.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 08:06:06 pm »
Count me in, too Pearly Girly!
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 09:20:58 pm »
Hi all,

I need internet emails addresses (for those I don't already have... Captn and Michele, I have your's, so your's are coming now.  Sue, you got your's as well... Kathy, you got your's).

Palace, I need your email address on the internet so I can send to you... please email me here your email address, ok? If that is ok with you.

Ron, the document is a Microsoflt Word document, less than 100kb, VERY small, easy to download... just let me know. Should take 1 minute to download, even on dial-up. 

thanks to the MANY of you that have contacted me for the survey! Dr. Medbery will be amazed at the AN patient participation.

Thanks all!
Phyl

tcrnko

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 12:11:56 am »
Add me to the list.  Send me two.  Be interesting to see what the fatigue factor is before and after surgery.
"Used to be a Neuro Nurse, Believe it or not."
1.8 x 1.6 x 1.7 AN Left Side
TransLab on 1/10/07.
Drs Mastrodonas & Cueva, Kaiser San Diego

tcrnko

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 12:13:31 am »
Sorry, Email is tcrnko@verizon.net
"Used to be a Neuro Nurse, Believe it or not."
1.8 x 1.6 x 1.7 AN Left Side
TransLab on 1/10/07.
Drs Mastrodonas & Cueva, Kaiser San Diego

BevM

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 08:09:31 am »
Hi Phyl:   I did reply on the forum regarding fatigue so don't know if I should fill out the form.

I would be glad to complete it if h elpful.

Bev

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 08:19:43 am »
Bruce,

I say we go for it.... and advise him that you are watch/wait.  as you know, brain tumors (all foms) and fatigue go hand in hand but would be curious to see what he says.... if you PM (email) me here on the site, providing me your internet email address, I'll forward one to you. :)

Phyl :)

pearly girl...

Don't know if the Dr. wants us watch-and-waiters to participate as well, but if so, I am willing.  My level of fatigue has greatly increased over the last few years, and it does hit hard sometimes. Yesterday I had to take the GRE since my old scores are more that 20 years old. Anyway, I had to drive in the fog from Villa Rica to Marietta for a 9:00AM test appointment. I felt fine when I got there and zipped through the essay portions of the exam. However, as soon as I got to the math section, the fatigue started to set in. I worked through the math alright, but in the verbal section, the fatigue slammed me hard and my tinnitus started screaming in my ears. It became so bad that I had difficulty concentrating on reading the passages for the reading-comprehension segments. I finsihed the exam with 12 seconds left on the computer clock. I was frustrated and exhausted. By some miracle of God, I did well on the exam, but this head bougger gets me tired at times.  Anyway, let me  know if you want my input.. 

Bruce

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 08:20:22 am »
Hey Bev! :)

If you PM (email) me here on the site, providing me your internet email address, I'll forward one to you. :)

This is going to be great!

Phyl

Hi Phyl:   I did reply on the forum regarding fatigue so don't know if I should fill out the form.

I would be glad to complete it if h elpful.

Bev

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 08:23:12 am »
Survey sent! :)  Thank you so much!

Phyl

Sorry, Email is tcrnko@verizon.net