Author Topic: Lana is having GK tomorrow (Dec 27)! Let's wish her well!!!  (Read 6039 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Lana is having GK tomorrow (Dec 27)! Let's wish her well!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 06:52:51 am »
Hey palace,

Yep, it sounds on track... usually do the 6 month post-treat follow up to see if there is any edema, make sure all surrounding structures look sound and a good follow up.  Exhausting.... oh, yes.  I have to believe (and in my case, as well), that's it's a combination of the stress and the body's reaction to treatment that does contribute to the fatigue.  First, how can we not be stressed by having to deal with this?  That was my biggest concern in choosing radio-treatment... the waiting period post-treatment.  But, I knew I had mental strength to endure (as well as the fantastic support from everyone here! :) ).  But, I have to sound like my mother when I note the old cliche "this, too, shall pass".... bothers me to hear those words in daily life, but as it pertains to this, it really does hold true.  I've received my early indicator just before Christmas of beginning stages of necrosis, so... for 8 months post-treat, it was a stress reliever for me.... and wishing you and Lana and everyone here wellness updates sooner than later.  You all are doing great and I remain here fully dedicated to helping you get through it as best as I can. :)

BTW, stay warm out there..... hang on, and heck... the wind-blown hair look is coming back in fashion! :)

Phyl

;)

Well, we will be getting our audiologist appointment, MRI and doctor post-surgical (radiation) consultation about the same time.  Mine is in five months and yours, six.  It is exhausting, isn't it?  I remember I could hardly stand up to walk to the bathroom, I was so tired for abouit two days.  Is that from stress or actually the radiation, I really wonder?  I'm not a sleeper so, of course I wasn't able to sleep after the experience.  (the three days in a row, hour each)  I'm so happy for you and now you can look forward to New Year's Eve and each day that goes by, knowing it is one more day out for the cells to die.

HAPPY DAY,

PALACE
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

marystro

Re: Lana is having GK tomorrow (Dec 27)! Let's wish her well!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 10:11:21 am »
Hi Lana,

I was also very exhausted the first day after treatment.  I went to bed and slept through the first night.  It was like a huge jet lag and I just had to lay down.  I believe it was attributed by the anxiety and the body telling me that I had to rest.  I still have big fatigue once a while but less frequent now.  I was able to have less sleep in the past but nowadays I will make sure I get enough so that the body can heal.  You should just take it easy and rest.

How was the head frame?  Was it hard to have it put on?  You sounded like you did well going through it.  Can't wait to see the pictures and video.

My 6 month follow up will be in February.  I am hoping to get similar results as Phyl and others.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  I am sure yours will be just fine.  You are young and can recover well.

Take care and hang out with your horses  ;).  Animals are great for recovery.  My cat Suzie just cozied up to me when I came home.

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm