Author Topic: Calling all Pirate Sock and wishes for Chet and Raydean!  (Read 37400 times)

Obita

Re: Calling all Pirate Sock and wishes for Chet and Raydean!
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2007, 08:22:33 pm »
Dear Raydean & family:

I am sad to hear the news about your dear husband, father and grandfather.  Chet is the perfect example of God only taking the best.  May he rest in peace and may your pain ease with time.

Kathy

To Chet: Many of the Irish up there are mine....... a good lot, they are. 
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Janet

• Janet Sherwood Photography
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2007, 11:43:55 pm »
Raydean,

I have often thought of you and Chet fondly when looking at the photos of the AN breakfast in Seattle. Dave and I will keep Chet, you and your family in our prayers. Please know that we are thinking of you and were very saddened by the news of Chet's passing.

Janet
Surgical removal of 1 cm x .8 cm x .6 AN on 4/2004.

Denise

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2007, 07:33:16 am »
Raydean,
your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines

flier58

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2007, 07:41:10 am »
Raydean and family,
Please accept my sincere condolences. Chet's passing is an enormous loss to our ANl comunity.  We are hoping to hold on to your presence and wisdom.
Flier58

cookiesecond

« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2007, 09:14:24 am »
Raydean and family,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray God will bless you with many wonderful memories and His supernatural peace during this difficult time and the days ahead.
Love and Prayers,
Lynn

Dealy

« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2007, 10:10:37 am »
Raydean- I am so so sorry to read the news about Chet. Alot of these people on this group I do not know personally-but I feel like all are family because we share the same concerns etc. So you are in my heart and prayers and I offer you for what it is worth my heartfelt condolences and sympathy. Since I got a tumor the 2nd time around I have learned to live one day at a time-because that is all we are given. The rest of things that we thought at one time were major are nothing. With a tear in my eye and a heavy heart for you. Ron

Derek

« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2007, 11:22:52 am »
Raydean and family...

Sincere condolences at your very sad loss of Chet. I never met Chet but the prolific words of wisdom, humanity and encouragement of your many posts and the tributes to him are a clear testimony that he was indeed a much loved and admired man. He will never be forgotten and he leaves a legacy of inspiration to us all.

Thinking of you at this saddest of times.

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2007, 01:52:22 pm »
 Raydean & family,  You are In my prayers and thoughts as you go thorugh this difficult time.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Raydean

« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2007, 10:51:56 pm »
I know its been a while since we have written but here is a short update....
This Friday, Feb 23rd at 2pm at Tahoma National Cemetary in Kent, WA is my dad's military internment. His full obituary will be in our local newspaper and online at www.thedailyworld.com on Sunday Feb 25. His Celebration Of Life is taking place here in Montesano on March 3rd at 2pm.
Thank you everyone for the cards, prayers and well wishes. We really do appreciate all of them. I know once things calm down some more one of us will be back on here to give you all another update. Thank You everyone!
Amy
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

cookiesecond

« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2007, 04:43:29 am »
Amy,
Thanks for the update. You guys are still in our thoughts and prayers. Give your mom a hug for us!
Take care,
Lynn
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 01:10:11 am by cookiesecond »

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2007, 09:00:42 am »
Amy,

thank you so much for thinking of us during this time, in order to keep us updated. Know that I am with you all in heart and spirit.... please give Mom, Lisa, Damon and the little dude, Aaron, a big hug for me!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Raydean

« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2007, 12:38:04 am »
due to the funeral home making an error my dad's obit wasnt in sundays paper. but it is now suppose to be in tomorrow (tues) paper. www.thedailyworld.com

we are spending this week getting everything ready for dad's celebration of life that is coming up on the 3rd of march.

we are all hanging in there...somedays are a little better than others but with time things should get easier....

Amy
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2007, 01:50:03 pm »
Amy... thank you.  Please give mom a BIG huggle from me.. and keep some for yourself as well. You all are being so very brave and strong and know that I am here for you.....

with lots of love,
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »
Here's Chet's Obit:

Chester ‘Chet’ Daymon Bledsoe, Jr.

Chester “Chet� Daymon Bledsoe, Jr., 59, a longtime resident of Grays Harbor and former Lumber Yard Foreman at Levee Lumber, died at his home with his family around him on Friday evening, Feb. 9, 2007, following a short battle with cancer.

Chet was born on June 8, 1947, in Venice, Calif., to Chester D. Sr. and Francis (Benham) Bledsoe. His family moved to Hoquiam when he was 16, and he graduated from Hoquiam High School in 1965. He joined the U.S. Navy and served aboard the U.S.S. Bauer in 1966-67, and then the U.S.S. Uhlmann in 1968, as a Gunners Mate during the Vietnam War. He was honorably discharged and moved to Westport, where he worked as a Commercial Fisherman until 1971.

It was during this time that he met and later married Raydean Ann Wilson on Dec. 19, 1970, in Aberdeen. She resides at the family home in Montesano.

In 1971, they moved to Canoga Park, Calif., and then to Simi Valley, Calif., where he worked for Andrews Lumber until 1977, when they moved to Montesano. Chet worked for ITT Rayonier on Moon Island from 1977 until 1982. Chet then went to work for Bayview Lumber which later became Levee Lumber in Hoquiam as a truck driver and proceeded to work his way up to yard foreman.

Chet retired in 1997, after he was diagnosed with Acoustic Neuroma, a brain tumor. This didn’t get Chet down; he accepted it and decided to live his life the best he could. Chet got active in the Acoustic Neuroma Association, becoming CO-Leader of the Washington State Chapter. He was always there to encourage others as they received their diagnoses, be it England, Australia or Eastern Washington. He kept an upbeat spirit and passed it on to others.

Chet was a man of his word. If he promised you, he’d do it. Chet also loved his grandson, Aaron, very much. The two of them were inseparable, where one was the other was there too. He liked fishing, clamming, road trips and being outdoors or on the beach.

Chet is survived by his wife of 36 years, Raydean Bledsoe of Montesano; a son, Damon Bledsoe of Auburn; two daughters, Lisa Bledsoe of Everett, and Amy Bledsoe of Montesano; a grandson, Aaron Bledsoe; and Chet’s best friend, Steve Beardslee of Hoquiam. Chet was preceded in death by a granddaughter, Karina Bledsoe; a sister, Donna Bledsoe; and his parents, Francis and Chester Bledsoe, Sr.

A private inurnment was held on Feb. 23, 2007, at the Tahoma National Cemetery in Covington, Wash., with full military honors.

A celebration of Chet’s life will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 3, 2007, at the Montesano City Hall, 2nd floor.

The family asks that donations be made to a college fund for Chet’s grandson, Aaron Bledsoe, at any Sterling Savings Bank under the name of Aaron Bledsoe.

A card of condolence or of a memory can be sent to the family at www.fernhillfuneral.com.

Arrangements are by:

Fern Hill Funeral Home
of Aberdeen

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Raydean

« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2007, 02:48:43 pm »
Words can never express my gratitude for the prayers, positive thoughts, cards,postings and the many acts of kindness that we received over the past couple of months.  When I encounter a low time i often wrap myself up in Chet's blanket and reread the many cards.  I've saved each one.  They are a constant reminder that you guys are with me on this journey too.

Just as finding our way after Chets surgery and complications was difficult at first , we're trying to find our way on this journey.  There's a Hebrew proverb which states  Say not in grief " he is no more", but live in thankfulness that he was.   And that's true.  I am ever so thankful that Chet and I had 36 years together.  He truly was one of the good guys and I've been blessed.  I am also blessed to have my AN family.  Each one of you are special and has a place in my heart.

Again, Thank you for everything, but especially for being there for us during this time.

Hugs and love
Raydean