Author Topic: AN Book (Need stories ...)  (Read 10939 times)

shoegirl

Re: AN Book (Need stories ...)
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 10:15:01 am »
I think this is a great idea.  Definitely would have helped me.  Are you going to add an AN dictionary to it?  And a  list that references websites and support groups?

Good luck!  I look forward to reading it!
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 12:33:36 pm »
just a thought.... while each person is writing a chapter, thoughts on obtaining quotes to add to their chapters from their treating physicians/teams?

Just brainstorming.... heck, if my brain is working, enjoy it while it lasts! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 03:34:07 pm »
Great idea Phyl, for those writing be sure not to use your Dr's name without their approval. For Instance, If my Dr. is Dr. House, we'll call him Dr. H in the book.

Angieshubbie

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 08:50:34 pm »
My name is Angie Stowers.  Diagnosed in May "06.  I had retro surgery on Aug 21st.  On Sept 1, I was rush back to the hospital with a blood clot in my sinse vein in my brain.  On Sept 2, the clot was removed.  Recovery has been stressful.  I'm 32, married with two girls in 1st grade and Kindergarten.  I would love to be involve with this book.  I was like you, couldn't really find much information or what to expect at all.
My wife Angie 3+Cm Right Side, Retrosigmoid - 8/21/06, Dr. John Lasak & Dr. John Goreki

webwrestler

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 08:58:32 am »
My name is Justin and I am a 31 year old husband and NEW dad from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, the cold white north. I was just diagnosed February 20, 2007 with a 2cm x 2cm AN. I am scheduled to have surgery in Toronto via the Translab approach in May 2007.

I have started to document my journey since my symptoms started in December 2006 and would love to contribute to this book. I think this would be a wonderful tool to help people cope with diagnosis, decision making, and the emotional stresses.

Keep me in mind if you would be interested in my story.

POSITIVE! POSITIVE! POSITIVE!

Justin

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 03:23:59 pm »
I would be interested Justin. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I too am 31, and have an 11-month old daughter. I've had two surgeries to remove a 3.5cm tumor.  Hang in there!

Lainie181818

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 04:46:28 pm »
Are you still looking for material for the book?
Lainie.

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 07:28:55 am »
Yeah, well we had a lot of people commit to writing their stories, but as you might expect, finding time to do that is tough. Right now we only have 3 stories, so the more, the better

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 09:16:47 am »
Hi Scott,

My story is not "exciting" as my surgery went off w/o a hitch, but if you are looking for the typical perhaps I can help?
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

TP

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 06:11:52 pm »
Yes I would like to write my story as well. AN was removed, had two CSF leaks, menigitis. administered antibiotics 6 hours a day via a home pic line, lumbar drain, gold weight in eye and pending an eye surgery this summer to correct double vision. Had a tough year but year ended with some great personal accomplishments.  :D
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

mar50

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 06:54:09 pm »
Hi Scott - I saw your original post, thought "Gee, that's interesting, I'd love to do that", and never responded.  I'd love to contribute, if you are still looking for storie.  Mine in summary - had a baby 06/26, diagnosed 07/24, surgery to remove cystic part of AN 08/16, and Gamma Kanife in October - I think somewhat unique due to having both surgery and GK.  Please let me know if you're interested, I could probably pound out 10-15 pages over the course of a week.  I should have contacted you earlier, I've had so many sleepless nights on Decadron, but am finishing my final dosage tomorrow!

Pembo

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2007, 12:15:04 pm »
Just found this post, sent you a pm.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 04:56:30 pm »
Hey Scottie,

I have started mine - time is a concern but am working through it.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Meagan

• Picture
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 03:45:32 pm »
I am not sure if you already found writers.  I was in the hospital for 7 weeks and had every complication possible.  I couldn't eat for 3 months and had to learn how to walk again.  My tumor was the size of a grapefruit.

I had staph, menigitis, and a whole lot more...

It would be a nice thing to write about...email me or reply if stories with complications are still needed.

Meagan
5 cms, Surgery Jan 3 2007

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 09:53:54 pm »
Let me know if you need a cyber knife experience... this is a great idea, thanks for doing it!  Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys