Author Topic: Capt Deb gets her day in court  (Read 6271 times)

marystro

Re: Capt Deb gets her day in court
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 11:01:18 pm »
Hi Capt Deb - our old faithful "Guido" is standing by...   remember he's related to the Sopranos and already been to Lorenzo's rescue.  now we just need the judge's name if he doesn't give you mucho dinero!!!  ;)

Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 12:14:34 am »
My friend applied last year and was approved and got her first check in 3 mos time. She has Rheumatoid Arthritis. I guess once they looked at her x-rays...she got approved.  Of course she can't really live on that amount of money, so she tries to find work that will only be 4 hours a day...about all she can handle. It's been hard for her to find a decent part time job. :(

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

gratus

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 10:33:39 am »
Thanks for the update, Phyl!

With best wishes for our Capt'n, you, and all us AN'ers...

Joanne

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 12:00:38 pm »
Well, my day in court on Wednesday went well, I think, the only snafu seemed to be that I have had an income from artwork that I had completed prior to my surgery and no way to prove that these paintings were done prior to 2003. My doctor bills and med bills were more than the danged income!!!  My gallery wrote a nice letter in my behalf and I provided to my atty my painting inventory from 2002 after the hearing at the judges request. . I had a lady judge who seemed nice enough and I cried through the whole hearing--of course, I was still recovering from a 22 hour Imitrex-resistant migraine compounded by double pneumonia that I had on Monday night after meeting for 3 hours with my attorney.

I had seen the doc monday afternoon and she said I had pneumonia and to drink a lot of Gatoraid, and prescribed hydrocodone cough syrup, then the stress of the 3 hr atty meeting really made my head pound, so I gave myself a shot in his office. He was prepping me for questions that the judge would ask me and it was really stressful and I had a temp of 101, not to mention looped out on the cough syrup.  By the time I got home I was a mess and all the coughing really triggered a massive brainwreck migraine that the Imitrex wouldn't touch. Believe me, Gatorade tastes a LOT worse coming up than going down. Of course Dr Love wanted to take me to the ER since I was getting severely dehydrated. I simply hate our ER, they sit and ask me 100 questions that they really only have to look up in the danged computer. I was afraid they would hospitalize me and I'd miss my court hearing and have to wait another year for it.

Sam, my attorney told me it could be up to a year before I get a ruling and another year before I saw any money.
Seems like helping disabled people is way down on the gov't spending list because of the war.

I don't know what people do without spouses or family who can support them and pay their med bills. The whole system sucks.

Anyway, thanks for all the support and private messages you all have sent. I'm feeling a little better today and at least I'm out of bed. I'm heading back to the docs--seems she wants to talk to me again about my chest X-ray and that's freaking me out a little.

Thanks again you guys and be well,

Capt Deb  8)

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

tony

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 12:52:09 pm »
Glad you had a good day
- for a while there I was starting to feel sorry
for the legals on to other team......
....but it didnt last long...
Best regards
Tony

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 08:59:37 pm »
Oh our dear Captain and life blood of this forum. I wish i could make those headaches go away with a magic potion but tried everything - well almost everything. geesh, it must have been bad if the imitrex didn't have any effect.

Be careful of that pnuemonia. As I experienced, after you get your breath back, which in my case, was about 2 days, I started to feel fine but as I tried doing things like walking, I found it really tough. be careful, don't overdo things coz it will take a good 3 months for your lungs to clear up and get back to the right capacity levels.

Take care and I'm sure Dr Luurrvvee will look after ya.

As for the court proceedings, what a debacle. I hate the legal system. It's all stacked against the good guys. If the gov't wants to get ya things move really fast. The minute "the battlers" from struggle street try and get something, its delay and delay.

Hang in there kiddo.

lots luv from down under

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 12:31:55 am »
Oh, our mighty Captan.....what a horrible day you had. I don't understand why my friend got hers in 3 mos and you are told it's years.  That's crazy.  I sure hope you get better soon.  Take care of yourself.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 05:54:42 pm »
Deb: take care of yourself, I'm thinking of you here- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 07:02:59 pm »
Hi Deb:  It's so hard for me to read what's happening to you;
            it's because I work on a drug detox unit; & I get so mad
            at these people who spend their disability to buy heroin, cocaine,
           don't ask me how they got disability in the 1st place - (I live in Miami if it's any clue)
           I can feel my BP going up as I write,
            & then those of us whose post op complications leave us practically immobilized with pain & get denied;
             Those of us who've worked hard all our lives.....  UGH !!

I wish you all the best Deb, my thoughts are with you...      Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis