Author Topic: For the ladies only  (Read 3584 times)

MCLARKE46319

For the ladies only
« on: April 20, 2007, 05:24:41 pm »
My daughter Meagan had her tumor out in January and her periods stopped and never started back up.  Has anyone else had that problem? ???  I hope this isn't too sensative a topic.
Maureen

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: For the ladies only
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 05:35:39 pm »
Hi Maureen:  I'm assuming she's not at the menapause stage yet.   It didn't happen to me post op;  but I'm wondering if the 'shock to the system' could have caused
                  it.   I'd ask the surgeon, or maybe a GYN.
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Boppie

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 05:57:18 pm »
If her weight dropped and she is below the 21% body fat point, there is a possibility that her hormones are out of balance.  Hormone imbalance followed surgeries that I've had, due to the shock to the adrenal system.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:13:47 pm by Boppie »

Static

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 08:00:05 pm »
That happened to me.  Mine stopped for about 6-7 months.  I had my tumor out in January and it didn't start back up until late July.  It finally started up right after I saw a gyn just to be sure everything was ok because even tho I spoke with a few doctors and nurses about it and was told that it was such a major shock to my system and that it can happen and not to be alarmed, it was beginning to get the best of me.  It took awhile to get completely back on track too (2-3 mos) but I have been ever since.
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 09:48:49 am »
I've had it happen with other surgeries... would also consult with the gyn to alert them to it.... I  personally don't feel it's anything to worry about at this point. Body changes (ie: stress, chemical changes, meds, etc) can all interfere....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MCLARKE46319

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 01:05:04 pm »
Thanks to all.  She is only 25 and has only been married for a year and wanted to have children.  The gyny told her it had to do with the an tumor and some of the things she said did't make sense.  I also thought the shock to her system and all triggered it.  She had a tumor the size of a tangerine so it was a big one and she went through other complications. thanks again.

Meagan

• Picture
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 02:02:21 pm »
Funny to see my mom on here.  I am taking progesterin to try and start the period back up.  Normally I wouldn't mind not having it, just want to make sure all is ready so my lovely mom can be a grandma someday:)
5 cms, Surgery Jan 3 2007

TP

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 08:04:40 pm »
I am glad you are taking the progesterin, I am sure it will be all back to normal before you know it. I am proud of you - recently having surgery and doing well especially the size of your tumor. You sound like a strong young lady. Hope you have happy, healthy babies!

On a personal note (being fun here and something men wouldn't understand....), I had no time lapse between mine and was in the hospital for my second surgery when it arrived 28 days later. If God willing and I live to be as old as my grandma who is 101 I will probably still be having one  :P
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision