Author Topic: TODAY IS SURGERY DAY  (Read 6209 times)

matti

Re: TODAY IS SURGERY DAY
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 12:04:22 pm »
Hi Shari - Sorry to hear about the CSF leak, but sounds like it is under control, you still need to be careful, so REST, REST, REST!

keep us posted and welcome home ;D

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

kss4luck

• 2.1 cm removed translab 5/4/07 Dr Jung/Clark RCH
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 11:16:00 pm »
Hi Shari,
Congrats on your successful surgery. God bless your doctor and heres to a speedy recovery. My doctor told me within a week try walking 1/2 mile each day and next try 1 mile. He said it will help youget your balance back and help with the dizziness. Of course that depends on how you feel. God bless you and your family.
Cindy

Ellenmn

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 04:45:37 pm »
So happy to hear that it well. Sorry about the leak but I'm sure that will be under control soon.

Obita

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 05:51:39 pm »
Hi Shari:

Welcome to the other side!!

Take it real easy and post an update when you can. 

Kathy

Oh, and don't worry about your post op typing/spelling....it took Dantheman 4 tries to let us know he was doing well and that the drugs were good.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 05:58:02 pm by Obita »
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

neal r. lyons

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 09:57:52 pm »
WAY TO GO SHARI!  WISHING YOU A SPEEDY, BUT NOT HASTY RECOVERY!  TAKE CARE, NEAL
AN 2.6X2.0X2.8 (right side)                                           June 22, 2007
House Ear Clinic/St. Vincent's Hospital@ Los Angeles, Ca.

Translabyrinthine(5 1/2 hr.):  Dr.Brackmann-neurotologist    Dr.Schwartz-neurosurgeon    Dr.Kutz-incision@stitches    Dr.Stefan-internist

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 06:49:22 pm »
Hey ShariBari: wishing you a great recovery process! Take care of yourself-Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

TP

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 08:27:32 pm »
ShariBari - I am so happy for you. Sounds like you are doing well. CSF leaks do occur and you need to listen to your Dr. I am sure your Dr has told you to rest, keep your head elevated and if you experience fever to give him/her a call. Listen to your body, if you are tired - sleep even if you have visitors, they will understand!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

sharibari

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 02:50:42 pm »
Day 9 after surgery............I am up and around and doing fantastic. My vision is still a little slow but is better with rest. I can walk without help and my surgeon did a fantastic job on my incision site my husband says it looks just like a line and you cant' even tell. I can't be more happy.  Had my post op with my surgeon and he said that my tumor was almost 4cm just double what the MRI said, and that my facial nerve was so flattened out and "smooshed" that you could see through it. They were able to preserve my facial nerve 100% and remove all of the tumor. I can't praise Dr.Roberson Of the California Ear Institute. He said, "It's my pleasure" How humble. The pleasure is truly mine.

Thanks again to everyone who shared your stories and advised as well as support. 
Translab    4 cm
Dr. Joseph Roberson
California Ear Institute
Stanford Hospital
June 4, 2007

grocerychik

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 08:52:41 pm »
I also had Dr Roberson as my surgeon, I just saw him yesterday. It has been 1 1/2 yrs since my surgery, he also told me about the same thing u said, the tumor grew it was on my facial nerve. Amazing.. I also had a csf leak, but I decided I better listen to the Dr and take it easy.

matti

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 10:31:53 pm »
sharibari- Yes! Dr. Roberson is fantastic  ;D

My tumor turned out to be much larger than what my MRI showed and severely splayed the facial nerve. He told me that is was the thickness of saran wrap.

Happy to hear you are doing so well, but just remember to rest. How are you dealing with Single sided deafness?

Take care and keep us posted.

Hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

er

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 10:57:13 pm »
sharibari
 Congratulations!!! Have a speedy recovery.  And don’t over do!!! tttttt