Author Topic: Busiest GK Centers in US  (Read 2907 times)

BG

Busiest GK Centers in US
« on: August 24, 2005, 04:46:52 pm »
I am looking for information on which is/are the busiest GK Centers in the US, performing the most GK radiosurgeries per year.  Additionally, any advice on how to go about finding this out is extremely appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

BG

Mark

Re: Busiest GK Centers in US
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 08:23:28 pm »
BG,

are you limiting your search only to centers that use the gamma knife machine or are you looking for those that are the busiest that do radiosurgery inclusive of other (newer) machines such as Brainlab and Cyberknife? Most of your major neurosurgery teaching medical centers are very active ( Johns Hopkins, Pitt, Stanford, Etc). I'm not sure why you would want to limit yourself to GK, but you could certainly find the most active by contacting the manufacturer. In the case of CK, which I am more familiar, you could contact accuray at www.accuray.com and they would be able to help with data on that machine

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

rjbarker

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 08:25:25 pm »
BG

Maybe start with www.irsa.org

d***

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 06:33:08 am »
I don't know their numbers but you can call the Gamma Knife Center at the University of Virginia where I had my GK done...

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/neurosurgery/gamma-knife-new.cfm

Gary
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

gcb

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 03:09:00 pm »
University of Pittsburg is the leader in GK. My research has shown that many of the major GK facilities actually receive their training at Pitt. Dr. Lundsford is the guy u need to talk with.