Author Topic: Chris Update  (Read 2569 times)

chrissmom

Chris Update
« on: June 11, 2007, 07:32:17 pm »
Hi all,
 Yes school is finally out and I'm back!  Chris goes for his one year MRI on Friday.  Of course, we are holding our breath again and hoping and praying that the "spot" is gone.  It seems like you worry and wait and then hopefully you get a reprieve for 6 months.
He is busy at work and is planning to go back to college in August as a full-time student. 

Last year at this time he couldn't walk or care for himself.  Now he walks fine and drives a car.  He worked hard to get to this point and has had the most impressive attitude.  His courage and determination have truly amazed me.

• He is totally deaf in his right ear and we really haven't done anything about that yet.  We need to look at the Destiny Transcranial cros again.
    • His face is paralyzed on the right side but is improving each month.  We are visiting the Facial Nerve Center in Pittsburgh and Chris is doing daily exercises for the face.
    • His handwriting with his right needs some attention but is much, much better than the barely an "X" with which he signed his surgery papers.
    He has a great attitude, loads of friends and he is looking forward to finishing college and putting this behind him.

Thanks for being there for us throughout the past year.  We have made many friends on this site.  The support you have extended has been much appreciated.  I sure hope I can get that much needed vacation now.  Keep us in your thoughts and prayers during the MRI on Friday.

pearchica

• Hey!
      • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
    Re: Chris Update
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 07:46:54 pm »
    Thanks for the Chris update! Glad to know that he in on the path to recovery. BTW, once he gets through all this, he is gonna be a BMOC (in my college days that stood for Big Man on Campus)- as he is so mature beyond his years.  Take Care and my thoughts and prayers are with you.  Annie
    Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
    I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Sue

• Que sera, sera
      • My Blog
    « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 12:06:10 am »
     :) :) :) :)

So happy for Chris and so happy this is turning into such a happy ending for him.  He and all his family went through quite a time, and I am thrilled to know how much progress he has made this year. Continued best wishes to Chris for a bright future full of promise.  Hugs all the wary around!!

Sue in Vancouver USA
    Sue in Vancouver, USA
     2 cm Left side
    Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
    Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
    My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
    Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
    « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 03:33:27 pm »
    Hi, Chrissmom:

Thanks so much for the update on Chris.  His recovery has certainly been remarkable and so has your advocacy for your son 

It's obvious that Chris is a special young man.  Please allow me to state that  I believe your parenting of Chris has been excellent, as have your efforts as your son's advocate during the 'dark days' of a year or so ago.  He may not fully realize it today but he is a very fortunate young man to have such firm and unyielding family support.  I'm sure Chris's facial paralysis will steadily improve as time progresses and that you'll be able to find a workable hearing device for him.  I trust that Chris's 1-year MRI will prove encouraging.  Tell Chris we wish him continued success in everything and are cheering him on in his continuing recovery.

Thanks again for staying in touch and for allowing us to be part of Chris's 'cheering section'.   

Jim
    4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Ellenmn

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 05:50:24 pm »
    So glad to hear that Chris is improving and I will pray for a great results on Friday.

nancyann

• carpe diem
    « Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 06:47:22 am »
    Hi Rita,  all I can say is WOW !!  It's amazing what he's been through the past year.   Wishing you both all the best.
    Always good thoughts,  Nancy
    2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
    retrosigmoid 6/19/06
    Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
    lateral tarsel strip X3
    T3 procedure 11/20/07
    1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
    lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
    Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
    2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
    right facial paralysis