Author Topic: surgery date  (Read 2747 times)

deea

surgery date
« on: June 12, 2007, 12:15:16 pm »
I'm sitting here waiting for a call back to schedule my surg.  Trying to move it up.  This is the longest 10 min.  My hands are shaking as I type.  I know this is really going to happen now.  Better sooner, I have been feeling pretty rough, and I might as well spend my rough times recovering as waiting.  The nurse is trying to coordinate with the neuro. to find a date that works.  Please help keep me calm, I am trying so hard but this is tough....I WANT MY MOMMY!   My husband is just kind of ignoring the whole thing, he doesn't get it.  He was out of town for the 9 weeks when I was feeling so bad so when he did get home everything was getting back to "normal" so he really didnt understand.  The last couple of weeks things have acted up and he just seems to deal with it by  ignoring and even being mad at me.  He is a good guy, just clueless.

Hanging in there, waiting for the call.

deea

neal r. lyons

Re: surgery date
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 12:52:13 pm »
DEEA, HANGING IN THERE IS YOUR ONLY OPTION.  YOU MAY HAVE EVEN GOT YOUR CALL BY NOW.  BUT IN ANY CASE YOU WANT TO GET THE SURGERY BEHIND YOU AND HAVE LAID THE GROUNDWORK.  THAT'S GOOD!  WAITING PATIENTLY IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE IN THESE SITUATIONS, BUT YOU NEED TO FILL THE VOID SOMEHOW.  I THINK ANY SORT OF ACTIVITY IS BETTER THAN NONE.  I WAITED A WEEK BEFORE I HAD ENOUGH SENSE TO FAX MY DOCTOR'S OFFICE WONDERING WHY I HADN'T HEARD FROM THEM.  RESPONSE: "WE WERE WAITING FOR YOU TO CALL"  I INFORMED THEM THAT I HAD CALLED AND LEFT A MESSAGE A WEEK AGO.  WELL THE MESSAGE HAD GONE UNSEEN OR FORGOTTEN OR WHATEVER.  THESE THINGS HAPPEN, BUT IT'S GOOD TO STAY ON TOP OF THEM AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR DOING THAT!  BEST WISHES-I'M SURE YOU'LL LOCK IN SOON.   NEAL
AN 2.6X2.0X2.8 (right side)                                           June 22, 2007
House Ear Clinic/St. Vincent's Hospital@ Los Angeles, Ca.

Translabyrinthine(5 1/2 hr.):  Dr.Brackmann-neurotologist    Dr.Schwartz-neurosurgeon    Dr.Kutz-incision@stitches    Dr.Stefan-internist

er

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 02:10:38 pm »
Hello Deea,

Hang in there we are all here with you. I know that is easily said then done.    When we are scared we want some comfort. I wish I was there to be able to do that. But my prayers are with you. Good luck.
eve

Betsy

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 07:54:54 pm »
Hi Deea,

I sure hope you got the call back for scheduling your surgery by now.  For what it's worth, I think you're doing the right thing.  Once you've decided on your course of action, why wait?  You're moving forward, and that's a good thing.  I admire you for for taking control and getting your surgery moved up.

Let us know how it works out.

Betsy
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

ConnieJ

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 04:29:14 pm »
Hi Deea, how are you?
Did you get a surgery date yet?

keeping good thoughts for you Connij

zjane

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:06:27 pm »
I know how you feel.  Waiting is sooo HARD!

Just know the day after the surgery date, you will be AN free!

Hang in there!  My hubby was the same way, I think he was just in denial and was actually really scared. They are probably more scared than we are.

H u G
right side AN found Nov 04 1.0x0.7
FSR Cabrini - Dr. Lederman 5 sessions Nov 05 1.4x1.0
Translab Hinsdale Hospital - Dr. Wiet / Dr. Kazan Jun 07 2.3x1.2 (CSF leak, lumbar drain)

2yr Post-Op MRI Apr 09 Clean

deea

Re: surgery date -update
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 08:44:09 am »
Thank you everyone for you caring thoughts.  I finally have a new date for surg. Not as early as I would like, but a little sooner.  I am having middle fossa surg. on Aug 17th.  We are dealing with vacation times with both the neuro-ent and the neur-surg.  Neither one of them was comfortable about doing surg. and then leaving the country for a couple of weeks.....I appreciate that!

The last weekend was really bad.  I went out of town to a family graduation and did well the on trip over (3 1/12hr.) in my husbands mustang.  Big mistake, but it  was Fathers Day  weekend and he loves to drive that car.  Lets just say that car handles tightly.  We left fri. and went to my daughters who has 4 kids, 20 mo.,3,4,and 11.  Lots of love and hugs and lots of movement!  Great kids and they melt my heart when they hug me, look in my eyes and say, " I love you Nana"  Each time it is even more precious to me now.

Spent a good day outside Sat at grad. open house, staying for bonfire and hot tubbing (not me) and heading back to hotel about 1:30 am.  I rolled over in bed abbout 5 am and started vomiting.  I was so dizzy I could not move.  It was was so difficult to keep my eyes open, but if I closed them I felt like I would fall over backwards.  We packed up, I really thought I could keep it together and meet the rest of the family for brunch near by.  Did not work out, I had to leave, trying not to make a scene I just said to my husband, I can't do this, grabbed by cane and walked out.  I got to the car and cried.  Bless his heart, I think my husband is beginning to "get it"  I can feel fine one min. and like crap the next.  I  knew I could not make all the back home so we drove to my moms which was only about 1hr. I went and laid down and slept.  After a few hours we drove the rest of the way home. I was never to glad to be back home.  Long trip.

I am much better than I was Sun.  I seem to feel well during the day but as late afternoon and evening comes, I go down the tubes.
I see the Dr. again this Friday and I hope he can come up with some new meds or something for this dizziness.  The going over backwards is is not a pleasant sensation.

I'm hanging in there, hope that I have more good days, I have lots to do yet!

deea

Obita

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 07:33:36 pm »
Hi deea:

I had a few weeks like that myself.  There was a week where I couldn't eat unless I was taking dramamine.  That little pill worked wonders for my appetite.

I had to wait 7 weeks for the same reason.  I wish you felt better so you could enjoy the time until 8/17.  After 8/17, you will be a couch potato for a while.

Good luck deea, Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines