Author Topic: One for the Birds...  (Read 15099 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: One for the Birds...
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2007, 09:51:42 am »
OK we need to name the babies now!
Chip and Chirp?
Frick and Frack?
Flip and Flop?
Bill and Hilary?
George and Laura?

Egads I could go ON!!!!!!!!!!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2007, 09:57:11 am »
Babies look fine..just saw the Daddybird!

I think Mama will probably stay put after the Jay episode.

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2007, 12:16:02 pm »
OMG, I saw the babies!!  My computer is not so good with the "stream" thing, but I saw them, I saw them.  Mama was feeding them...of course..what else is the poor thing to do but to stuff their little open beaks with food. 

Cool,

Thanks Brucifer

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2007, 12:56:32 pm »
OMG! We just had a family portrait! :)  Momma standing on side of nest with food in mouth, Daddy on standing on the other side of nest with food... and the babies peeking up from the nest to enjoy with the folks brought!  That was too kewl to see all 4 of them at the same time.... What a smile it brings to my face.... Not sure if anyone else caught it... a true sight... :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

BB

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2007, 04:06:25 pm »
How wonderful to watch.  It's amazing that since I lost my hearing a year a go I enjoy hearing our birds early in the morning sing.  My favorite time of the day now with a good cup of coffee. It took losing my hearing to appreciate the wonderful songs and chirps they make to fill our life. Thanks Bruce. BB

johnsli

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2007, 05:28:07 pm »
I was just about to send a message, I saw only one in the nest being fed.  Very sad day. 

BeJoi

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2007, 06:02:06 pm »
I'm very sad about it.  I did not see it happen.  This happens all the time in nature, but we never get to see it.  I'm still very grateful that we've had this opportunity to witness the joy and tragedy of nature.  I hope you leave the webcam on, Bruce.  I hope we get to see the remaining chick fledge on the 30th.

Beverly

BB

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2007, 06:27:29 pm »
Bruce, I did see the bird take the baby.  I wasn't sure if that was what had happened, but thought so.  It's ok though.  We all enjoyed it so much, before that.  Many  times we have found a baby laying on the ground that fell out of it's nest, and didn't make it.  Sorry for you as I know you must have got attached to the little guy.  BB 

linnilue

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2007, 06:33:01 pm »
Actually, I just saw two babies, at least I think I did, but maybe I'm seeing things.  They are very cute.  I saw the mother feeding.  This is so enjoyable.  Thank you for sharing this with us.  Both my husband and I were mesmerized by the birds.  I love this webcam.  Complete and utter enjoyment.  Holly
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2007, 08:10:39 pm »
Bruce,

I saw momma guarding the nest something fierce this afternoon and had a feeling the jays were coming in... I am so so so sorry to hear this news.  As you know, many of us around me have been enjoying mother nature at her best... and now at her worse.  My heart is heavy knowing this has happened and am thrilled that I got to witness the family portrait together today.

I am so sorry to hear this news.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2007, 12:05:07 am »
So sorry to hear that a jay took a baby. Poor little tykes.  Did any of you watch Planet Earth when it was on the Discovery Channel awhile back?  Magnificent photography and magnificent creatures caught in some truly outstanding moments of time. The photographers did an amazing job of capturing wild life as they are...and that includes the weakest becoming somebody elses lunch.  Although, I thought they did a pretty nice job of not showing that side very much, because most of us aren't comfortable seeing nests being robbed etc.. 

Thanks for the webcam anyway, Bruce.  I only saw it twice, but it was fun to see the birds.

Have a good weekend.

Sue in Vancouver WA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Desilu

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2007, 09:53:51 am »
Hi Bruce,

I have really enjoyed watching the Cardinals. Sorry, to hear about the loss. Maybe we need to pray for the little guy/girl that is left, even God takes care of his creatures. I'll add the birds to my prayer list. Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2007, 09:57:08 am »
That little chick is so much stronger today than yesterday!  His/her eyes are open now, too. 

Bruce, thank you so much for hosting this view into nature.  It's been a fascinating story to watch unfold.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2007, 01:46:09 pm »
I saw the baby an hour ago (approx 2:45pm EST).. now Momma is "standing" in the nest and I haven't seen the baby... has anyone seen it in the past hr?  Hoping baby is sleeping in the bottom of the nest........

Phyl

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2007, 02:08:44 pm »
Bruce, can you please check? Saw momma and dad bring the baby food/dinner.... they ended up eating it themselves.  I hope the baby is just sleeping.... dad has now flown off and momma is still standing there. Will monitor for updates. Keeping positive thoughts.  Baby looked cute early with eyes open and even showed off the wings...

Phyl