Author Topic: please say a small prayer....  (Read 2454 times)

claireb

please say a small prayer....
« on: June 23, 2007, 11:06:42 am »
Hi all
Thanks for all your posts. They have been of great support.  my mum leaves for London  tomorrow at 7:15am local time. I am going to pick them (my parents) up myself and drive them to the airport.  My sister will be joining them on Monday morning, and will be staying there for 10 nights.  My parents need all the support they can get.  I really wanted to go but my youngest depends on me so much - my mum saw my kids for the last time this morning, she kept on telling my eldest, who is 4, not to forget her during the time when she is away.  I am just hoping that all this is just a nightmare and that I will wake up soon. I really hope things go well, thanks for all your prayers and support, you have built so much encouragement in me. please say a small prayer cause this is going to be a tough week for my family. I will keep you all posted.

Claire 

Boppie

Re: please say a small prayer....
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 11:55:05 am »
I will say a prayer for your mum each morning, Claire.  Be strong for your family!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 01:27:52 pm »
Heck, Claire, I can do a really big prayer!

Hang in there...it'll be okay.

Sue in Vancouver WA USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 02:44:04 pm »
Hello again, Claire:

While outcomes can never be absolutely guaranteed, she's healthy and I expect that your mum will pull through this just fine.  The waiting (pre-surgery) can be extremely difficult, as you know by now.  The day of the operation is a long one for all involved, except the patient, who is 'asleep' through the whole ordeal.  Your mums' first day or two following the operation may be a bit stressful, too, as everyone naturally wants to know "how did she do?".  Mum will probably be somewhat lethargic (and thirsty) immediately following the operation.  That will be primarily an after-effect of the anesthesia she'll be given during the surgery as well as her body demanding rest after enduring a traumatic assault, which is how our bodies react to invasive surgery, even when it's done for the purpose of making us better.  It passes after a few days, although the effects may linger a bit longer for some.

If all goes well, your Mum will be walking around within a few days and discharged from hospital soon after that.  Recuperation at home will consist of a lot of rest, some very mild exercise and working to regain her balance.  I know she'll appreciate the support of her family, both during and after the surgery.   You've certainly done what you could, Claire.  I commend you for your efforts on behalf of your Mum.  I wish your mum, you and the rest of the family all the best and of course, I'll be praying for her.  I already have.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Ellenmn

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 07:12:00 pm »
I will say some prayers for mum as well as the family.

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 11:06:41 pm »
Count me in too! God bless you and yours, Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

cookiesecond

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 04:42:50 am »
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray the doctor's will operate in wisdom, you will have peace and your mom will have a great outcome and a speedy recovery!!!
Keep us posted.
Love and prayers,
Lynn