Author Topic: red burning eye  (Read 2612 times)

satman

red burning eye
« on: June 24, 2007, 08:57:04 am »
is a red and burning eye typical with this whole A N eye thing,post op
should i worry and see another dr for this or just deal with it.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Jeanlea

Re: red burning eye
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 09:34:42 am »
I would see an opthalmologist.  I have/had a problem with a red eye.  I just don't get the burning because I have no feeling in that half of my face.  I would put in lots of ointment.  The red probably means that it's getting dry.  You may have gotten an infection.  The eye doctor can help you with that.  You don't want to fool around with your eye.  Let us know how you are doing.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

tony

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 01:07:08 pm »
Sorry for your troubles
its an eye infection (or maybe a lack of lubrication) for sure
Simple over the counter eye drops may  hold the fort
till the eye doc gets to see it - keep it wet to keep it safe
a vaseline jelly might help overnight
stay out the sun and away from dry/dusty places
and see the eye doc SOON
its an easy fix at the moment - just dont leave it long
Best regards
Tony

Jill Marie

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 03:46:54 pm »
If your eye is burning you probably don't want to use eye drops. Use preservative free eye ointment tell the redness and burining quits and as the others said, see an eye doctor.  Once the buring quits preservative free eye drops should work.  Goodluck!
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Pembo

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 03:11:56 pm »
My eye was doing that early on post op and the only cure for me was lacrilube, the drops were never enough. Good luck.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Jeanlea

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 06:16:39 pm »
My last eye doctor told me to use PM Refresh eyes instead of Baucsh and Lomb PM Refresh Eyes.  He didn't explain why.  He did repeat that I should use PM Refresh.  I have a problem with some white patches in my eye.  I'm putting in PM Refresh or Ciloxan every two hours.  I'm hoping it helps.  I think it is.  It's been nearly a month of that now.
Did you find out why your eye is red, Satman?

Jean
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
TransEar for SSD

satman

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 01:47:20 pm »
hi jean,my wife ran up to cvs pharmacy and bought this stuff called  GENTEAL, drops and lube,which Jill said go perservative free and GENTEAL is,and it worked like a charm.the feeling of something foreign in my eye was gone,i could finally keep it open that same night,the burning was gone,it was clear[no redness]the next morning.and i was in bad shape. the night before the episode ,i was hanging out with my neighborhood and grilling,i dont remember putting gel or drops in that whole time outside.[might have been the beers and teqilla]i will never do that again.forget about the eye that is.thanks for all the help.john.......
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Jeanlea

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 02:07:56 pm »
John, thanks for letting us know how you are.  I was wondering.  Let this be a warning for all AN patients...when drinking have a designated eye drop reminder person.  lol
Jean
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
TransEar for SSD