Author Topic: Getting ready for the Dr Appointment  (Read 1962 times)

dgrummer

Getting ready for the Dr Appointment
« on: August 31, 2005, 10:18:20 am »
I'm kind of new here - although I've posed a few questions here and there.

My husband – who is 37 - was diagnosed on 8/19 - a little over a week ago with an AN on his right side.  We aren’t completely sure of the size as the MRI report says it’s 2.5cm x 7.3 cm x 2cm – but since that sounds REALLY HUGE – I’ve since had another doctor – through a family member - confirm it looks more like 2.5 cm and a mistake was made on the MRI report. Although we haven’t had anyone ‘officially’ tell us that.  We do know it is touching his brain stem – but that’s about all we know.  I've studied the MRI everyday and it still just looks like a blob to me.  Took me 3 days to figure out where his nose was :-)

We live just north of Little Rock, Arkansas and our neurosurgeon referred us to a doctor in Dallas.  Just heard from Dallas this morning and they want us there at 9:30 in the morning – so I’m running around getting stuff ready to leave this afternoon for the drive to Texas.

I’ve got all my questions written down and I think we are ready.

Also sent a copy of his MRI to House yesterday and hope to hear from them by the end of the week.

I just wanted to take a few minutes to say thank you for everyone who has shared their stories on this board. I’ve pretty much lived here for the past week reading everything I could and I really feel we are much better prepared for what we have in front of us.

Thank you – have to go pack now…

dana

...also - please take the time today to say a prayer for the people in New Orleans and the gulf coast.