Author Topic: Shooting pains...  (Read 3127 times)

kristin

Shooting pains...
« on: September 03, 2005, 01:13:46 pm »
I have been very unbalanced the last few days. My neck is sore and every time I turn my head I get shooting pains up my AN incision site. I am lightheaded and feel wierd. I'm not sure what I should do...if I should do anything....

Also, can tinnitus just come on all of the sudden? I never had it before or after, but yesterday I had a very loud very high pitched noise for a few minutes. It almost hurt my ear.

Thanks,
Kristin
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

russ

Re: Shooting pains...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 01:30:02 pm »
Hi Kristin!
  Come on girl, ya gotsa get better or we call the law, Si?
  More seriously, the stiff neck could be caused by trying to hold your head erect or still so as to compensate for lost balance.
  Re: Tinnitus; It can do what it wants to do whenever and wherever it wants. No surprises here, I'm sorry to say.
  Given your disequilibrium, one can understand why you would be light headed and feel "weird". ( Hopefully not an official medical term ) except at the P-docs office.
  Increased imbalance? Pain at incision site? How long since your surgery?
  Seems you have questions reasonable of asking your treating physician, Kristin.

kristin

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 02:18:26 pm »
hey russ..you know me! i'm kristin from the yahoo group. i had my surgery in april (mid fossa-HEI). on and off balance problems, but it has been really bad in the last few days. kind of a combo of feeling like i'm going to faint along with equilibrium problems of feeling like i'm going to fall.

i think the main problem is my neck right now. i wonder if i just slept weird or something last night. but if i look to the right, i'm getting some very painful pains up the side of my head. could just be coincidental that it's right over my AN surgery site.

Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

luv2teachsped

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 09:02:49 pm »
Hi Kristin:  I know exactly what you mean.  I have the same symptoms.  I think my neck  gets really sore when I have been busy and forget to do the exercises they gave me.  I agree with Russ, I think its also from trying to work out our balancing issue.  I had my translab surgery on May 18, and my balance has gotten worse also.  I've decided to go ahead and call my Dr. on Tues. as I know they have a balance and vestibular therapy clinic.  I am also having my incision break open again , bleed and ooze.  Yeah, yeah Everyone said to call three weeks ago and I never did.  It wouldn't hurt to call your Dr.!  ::)luv2teach
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

sonshine

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 07:56:38 pm »
Kristin,

I also had the shooting pains and all the same problems that you are talking about.  I would not be that alarmed.  I have had this surgery twice and had this same stuff both times.  It is a bit frightenning.  But I believe it is your body trying to heal.  I would bring it up to your doctor so that he is aware of it.  But if he is like most doctors its like......," Gee, I never have heard of that before!"  DUH!  Actually if a person has not had the surgery they can never understand what the heck we are talking about!

Sonshine! 

okiesandy

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 03:28:13 pm »
Kristin,

Have you called Dr. B.? This does not sound right. Come on girl you have been an insperation to me. I have scheduled with Dr. B. for the 8th of Nov. this is one of the things I worry about going so far from home and having problems later. Call Dr. B.
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

kristin

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 07:49:50 am »
wow! i'm an inspiration?! i had no idea! :) thank you!

fortunately i feel MUCH better these days! shooting pains are gone for now...it was just a kink in the neck i assume.

dr brackmann would have taken my call though, so no need to worry about that. he would have been very calm and wouldn't have made me feel dumb for asking a simple question! he's great that way! i would put that worry at the bottom of your worry list, k? he's awesome..he'll call ya on a sunday evening even...what type of surgery are you having? he emailed me a lot of info about middle fossa if you're interested. in fact...if anyone is interested, please email me at krisnsyd@cyberport.net and i'll forward it to ya..

kristin
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
April 14, 2005