Author Topic: Retrosigmoid Surgery at UCLA on September 19th  (Read 2347 times)

Shelley

Retrosigmoid Surgery at UCLA on September 19th
« on: September 06, 2005, 04:51:58 pm »
Hello,
I am new to the forum and would appreciated any information that is available.
My AN (1.5cm) will be removed with the retrosigmoid procedure by Drs. Donald Becker and Raymond Canalis at UCLA on September 19th.
I am extremely confident and optimistic about my surgeons' skill but would like to get feedback from anyone who has had surgery with either of these doctors.  I'm a stoic, tough gal and can take information even if it is not positive.  Please let me know your experiences.

I have relatively minor symptoms, some loss of hearing on high and low ends in the left ear and some intermittent dizziness.
But, I am having a hard time getting a handle on what complications  I might have post op (I'm aware of the grand ones: facial paralysis, spinal fluid leakage,) through the first week in the hospital, and subsequently, at home. I feel if I am prepared for a variety of symptoms, if something should befall me, I will be better prepared to emotionally handle it/them.
Thank you for your help.

Shelley

stein78

Re: Retrosigmoid Surgery at UCLA on September 19th
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 08:14:13 pm »
Just read your post, sending good thoughts your way!  Hope all went well today.
29 years old
2.5cm AN - left side
Removed May 10th, 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago, IL

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
Re: Retrosigmoid Surgery at UCLA on September 19th
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 11:33:35 am »
Shelley, So sorry I missed this post. I hope all went well for you yesterday and hope to see you back here soon.Maybe we can compare recovery stories... :)   Sherry
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.