Author Topic: My eye watered today........  (Read 3229 times)

Pembo

My eye watered today........
« on: August 27, 2007, 07:47:45 am »
My an eye actually teared today unfortunately I was crying because I dropped off my "baby" at kindergarten this morning. She was excited but mom was a little emotional after the I left. Good news, bad news. :)
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: My eye watered today........
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 02:28:38 pm »
(((hugs)))

I totally understand.  I'm putting my oldest on the bus to Kindergarten for the first time next week.  Definitely an emotional moment.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 11:17:02 am »
That's great news! Is this the first time it had teared since 2004?

Pembo

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 11:24:19 am »
Scottie - It has watered some in the past:  sometimes in a very hot bath but not very often. It was weird how it cried too.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 02:31:37 pm »
Hey, thanks for giving me some hope   :)

Pembo

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 06:11:17 pm »
No problem. Take a nice hot bath and see if anything happens!

Lainie181818

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 01:15:56 am »
Hi Pembo,
the first time my eye started to water, was about 7 months after my surgery. In fact it gushed so much that I went to the ER. I thought I might be having a csf leak [ or is it cfs ] anyway it was pretty constant and my eye also started to blink about 75%. I am now 16 months post op and it goes through bouts of dryness and gushing. I don't have to use eye drops as much and
Dr Brackman was happy that the eye is blinking in synk with the good eye. Progress is long and sketchy and for me the most frustrating thing is, I will have a good few days and I look fairly normal, and then it is followed by a few bad days and my face starts to droop. and my balance is completely off. I never quite feel like I have turned the corner completely with this recovery. Maybe this is how it will always be, good days and bad. I just have to concentrate on the good days.
Let the good tears roll.
Lainie

vcschaub

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 03:56:59 pm »
The fact that your eye teared when you dropped your "baby" off is a good sign. I remember making myself watch tear jerker movies, such as "Terms of Endearment" and "Steel Magnolias" to see if it would get my AN eye to tear. I would be crying huge tears but just out of one eye. Then one day, it happened!! I was eating and tears started to come out of the AN eye. The eye went from dry to tearing while chewing. I understand that is pretty common. I still tear a bit when I chew, but it is hardly noticeable. Hurray for the "baby" tears, it means that eye can produce tears!!
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear

lora

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 07:47:09 am »
Whoever thought we would be happy for tears???  My left eye is starting to "moisten".  I find when I wake up I am no longer scrambling for the eye drops.  
4.7cm x all over my head, filling 4th ventricle, squashing the brainstem
translab by the awesome Dr.Tomaras 4/12/07
retrosigmoid, Drs. Tomaras and Steuer 6/4/07
GK in Oct. for the little bit left?
2007--the year of the head "what a long, strange trip it's been"

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 10:41:32 am »
mostly my eye is still dry but from time to time over past week it just starts tearing...
feels good after it rinses itself out a bit... just not always conveniant... standing in line
to pay for groceries with tears running down one side of your face gets you some looks
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 09:03:00 am »
Just act like you're overcome with emotion due to the great sale on corn that day.  :)

lori78

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 02:29:59 pm »
Gees, I cry, sometimes too much.  9 months since surg, 6 since radiation, and my right eye rruns while the other doesn't do a darn thing.  I have a sinue infection though, and am starting to feeeel itch and pain on that side.   (the temporarily paalyzed one).  Anyone else start out that way??  Thanks!
Lori, Left AN,  2 translab surgeries and GK radiation, 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm, Dr. Singh Sahni and Drs Fred and Wayne Schia, Chippenham Johnston-Willis, Richmond, VA. Deaf in left, temp paralysis post surg 1/07