Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 2565 times)

Judy MacPhee

Nausea
« on: September 19, 2005, 05:22:34 am »
Hi, nausea is getting worse. Today I just want to lay down and keep my stomach settled. But even laying down ,I am nauseated. As for balance, I do have problems. I am trying to type and I am sick. I have not been told what is wrong with me as yet. I see neruoligist Thurs. CT at some point. mY head is aching, What is wrong.?? I need help. Can anyone guess what could be wrong. Doc ruled out migrains, suspects tumor but not sure. My left ear is full of wax and it makes my head feel filled most of the time. Can someone tell me if they had these same symtems?? and what was it at the end of it all?? Help. I must go. Judy ???

Mary

Re: Nausea
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 07:16:26 am »
Judy,  Only the doctors can tell you what's wrong.   My mother is on Lorzapam for her nausea.   She takes .25 mg.   Anymore and she gets lethargic.   ask your doctor to prescribe something for you.

Mary

russ

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 09:41:46 pm »
Hi Judy
  It's unlikely ear wax could cause nausea or dizziness but should be cleaned. A GP, ENT or even audiologist can do this.
  Only a Dr can diagnose nausea as there are so very many potential causes and they don't have to include acoustic neuroma.
  I am AN post op left and have an AN on the right also. I would say I have nausea from the vestibular loss nearly every day. It's worse in the morning and gets somewhat better by early afternoon.
  Until Dx, 15 - 30 mg. meclizine ( Bonine ) a day or as needed may help this some. Compazine is probably a stronger aniemetic drug. Small amounts of Valium and related help some.
  I trust they will get to the root cause of this!
  Russ

Mary

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 06:05:02 am »
Judy,

I know with my mother, any time she got upset she threw up.   Her nausea had to do with the seratonin in her brain.   I don't know if it's because of the tumor on the nerves or pushing on the brain.

Call your doctor to prescribe something for you.   There are many things out there and you may have to try a couple of different ones till you find the one that's right for you.

Try and stay calm.
Mary