Author Topic: Memories - a thing of the past?  (Read 2426 times)

Frying2Knights

Memories - a thing of the past?
« on: September 23, 2005, 12:10:58 pm »
Hi all

there's something that's been bothering me for a while, but I always felt too daft mentioning.  But now I've read a few posts where people allude to it so here goes...

Post surgery my memory isn't what it used to be.  Details just seem to float right on by.  Is this a common experience?  And what causes it?  I thought it was having been off work for 9 months, but I kept myself mentally stimulated and have been back at work 6 months now.  It doesn't seem to be improving.

Any thoughts??  I'd love to read your comments (if I remember to check back!  ::))

Thanks
UK.  1cm AN removed by Translab approach. CSF leak.  Severe headaches.

russ

Re: Memories - a thing of the past?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 10:07:11 pm »
Hi
  Not sure how long your surgery was but I have read where each hour under requires 6 days withdrawal. So; A 10 hour surgery would be 60 days, or two months withdrawal. I doubt there is anything definitive about the anethesia withdrawal time.
  If you incurred any vestibular damage at all during surgery or because of the AN itself, this alone could explain the cognitive impairment.
  Just some thought...
  It took me near to a full year before feeling as close to 'before' as possible but I must say AN Tx is generally a life altering event for a large proportion of people.
  Give it time. Anxiety over it will only serve to make it worse.
  Russ

thecakes

Re: Memories - a thing of the past?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 11:14:44 am »
   That might be a good thing!