Author Topic: Good News for a change  (Read 3398 times)

ncdude

Good News for a change
« on: September 27, 2005, 03:14:56 pm »
My ENT just called to tell me that the radiology report came back and from what was reported and him looking at my MRI, they cannot find an ANA.  So I have to happily bow out of this nice group of people that I have met here.  I'll be going back in a year to check my hearing.  I'm so glad for the help I got from you guys, and even more happy that I don't have the neuroma.  My thanks to you all and my hopes that all of you will get the best care and treatment possible for your situations.

Now, if any of you ever have back problems, drop me a line.  I've had 3 surgeries and will probably get a 4th in the months to come.

ncdude

jamie

Re: Good News for a change
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 03:51:43 pm »
That is good news! I'm jealous, lol. Good luck, and take care.
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

matti

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 05:57:23 pm »
Great news about the AN, bad news about the back! Thank you for your support, keep us posted and take care.

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

cookiesecond

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 06:06:44 pm »
I am very happy for your good news. Hope ypur back gets better soon!
Take care,
Lynn

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 05:46:51 am »
Great news!  Back problems are nothing to sneeze about!  My fiancé had back surgery for  erupted/herniated disks, she was just plain miserable.  Now she's better but still has phantom pains occasionally.   Good luck on future hearing tests!

Gary

Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

becknell

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 06:59:41 am »
Hey, ncdude, I'm glad you got the good news!!! Jennifer

ncdude

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 07:12:44 am »
Thanks guys! My back has been an ongoing issue for years, but thanks to surgery, I can walk without pain  So if the same neurosugeon can fix a botched cervical surgery, I'll feel "whole" again.

ncdude

JHager

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 07:22:40 am »
NC,

We're terribly sorry to inform you, but we'll have to reject your membership application to the club.   ;D  You see, one must actually be sporting a tumor to join the ANWMTSROM (Acoustic Neuroma Why Me? This Sucks! Radiosurgery Or Microsurgery?).

Seriously, good on you!  Hope everything else works out, and enjoy the feeling of relief.  And do stop in now and again - we need a North Carolina rep!

Josh
3.5 cm right AN.  Surgery 11/7/05, modified translab.  As recovered as I'd ever hoped to be.

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 10:42:46 am »
 :) So very happy to hear you don't have a tumor NC but it was nice having you here and I also hope you continue to check in from time to time. Sherry
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.