Author Topic: Cyberknife - ready to go  (Read 2081 times)

CC

• My homepage!
Cyberknife - ready to go
« on: October 06, 2005, 03:29:22 pm »
Hey all

After what seems like a lifetime of research and ages of deliberating over the information I've made the decision to go have CK at Stanford.  Dr Chang's team have been on constant touch with me over the past few weeks and I am amazed at the professionalism and the caring attitude of everyone from Dr Chang himself through the nurses and even the scheduler.  I'm booked in to have it done the week of Oct 24.  Wish me luck.  California here I come! ;D

CC
p.s. Chang said my 1.77cm An was one of the smaller ANs they treat with CK at Stanford.
CC
3cm AN
CK Oct 05
with Dr Chang at Stanford

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Cyberknife - ready to go
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 04:45:15 pm »
Good luck with the treatment CC, I will stay in touch coz I will need to be making a decision on which direction i head (radiotherapy v's surgery) in November.

Lets hope that your treatment works well.

cheers

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

daylight

Re: Cyberknife - ready to go
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 07:45:07 pm »
Hi CC,
Good luck.
I have also just made the CK choice and have contacted Mt. Sinai in Maryland today and have also contacted Dr Neff's office.  I am waiting for an appointment date for evaluation.  I am very happy with my choice as I have canceled my surgery with House Ear Clinic. My tumor is only 1.8 cm and I don't want surgery for something that is not life threatening.
Sue B. 
Sue B.