Author Topic: Capt'n Deb  (Read 8527 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Capt'n Deb
« on: October 14, 2007, 08:38:45 am »
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Capt'n Deb.  It's been a few weeks since she last posed.  If I remember correctly she was having a few tests done.  I hope she is well.  I miss her.  Has anyone one else noticed her absence?
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Capt'n Deb
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 03:31:23 pm »
I just checked her profile and it says she was last active today at 11:07 a.m..  Maybe she just hasn't had anything to say.  She may have another trainwreck headache and is taking it easy.  You can always email her.
I always enjoy reading her posts because she makes me smile when no one else can!
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Raydean

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 06:28:46 pm »
I don't think that there's anything to be concerned about.  i think she's out of town and away from the computer.  I'm sure that she'll be glad that you're thinking of her.

Hugs
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 10:06:27 am »
Yes, just got a note from her yesterday, she's been travelling with her daughter in law and grandsons.  She'll be back here soon, I am sure! 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

marg

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 06:45:48 pm »
When we don't hear from someone for a while...we sure worry - don't we..... oh, maybe because this is our family too  :)
I'm sure our Captain would not 'abandon ship'   maybe the trip she is on is to teach her grandsons how to be pirates .
 Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 02:07:51 pm »
OK OK I have been AWOL crew and I'm alive and well, I assure you.  I have been playing Captain nanny Deb and Captain NURSIE Deb to my Respective Grandscallywags and Dr LUUUUURVE. My very busy daughter-in-law who is  Ma to two young'ns had to put together 2 formal outfits for rehearsal dinner and formal wedding for in-law (husbands cousin's) wedding and needed my babysitting skills for a feew days so she could shop and prepare.  Little thing 1 was the ring bearer in a mini tux and wassn't he CUTE!!!!!!! We didn't go--Dr L's ex-wife's family.

Of course when I got home Dr Love had been working a little too hard and his already bad back had gotten worse and by the weekend he was in extreme pain and unable to walk or stand and I got him to the doc on Monday and he has a ruptured disc in his lumbar that is pressing on his sciatic nerve and needs frikkin SURGERY!

This is all happening during peak leaf season up here when I need to be out taking pictures for my paintings--90% of what I sell is fall landscapes and I have a brand new 1100 megapixie camera!

Dr LUUUURve is so miserable, but at lease he 's got him some happy pillls now, the weekend was tough and he wouldn't take any of mINE of course even though the doc gave him the same dam stuff! He's pretty drugged up and has to stay that way till the spinal surgeon can see him in Charlotte. We'll go down and stay with his kids Halloween night and they'll drive him to his appt in downtown charlotte the next morning so I don't have to scare myself to death driving on the frikkin freeway AND I get to go trick or treatting with the grandscallywags dressed up as you know who..........THE SCOURGE O THE SEVEN SEAS...CAPTAIN NANNY DEB!!!!!!!

Welllllll.......That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I'll let you all know when Dr Loves surgery will be so's ye can don yer pirate sox.  Those who ain't got none, well, ....start shoppin fer 'em!!!!

Love and hugs to alla you who been thinkin of me and big messy smooches, too!

Capt Deb :-* 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 03:13:30 pm »
I found plenty of new pirate sox so I'm ready and waitin with plenty of prayers for you and Dr. Luv.  I hope the pills keep him in happy land until way after he's healed!  Keep us posted.  I knew you would post when you had something to say!!!
Hugs,
Wench  Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 05:28:50 pm »
Yep, Praise the Lord she is back.   ;D

Things just weren't the same without you Cap't Deb.!!!  Post a few pictures of your little cuties.
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

tony

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 02:49:35 pm »
I knew the captn was OK - after all if the Royal Navy had sunk
such a famous pirate ship - It would be a CNN special ...
Best regards
Tony

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 03:58:12 pm »
Socks and flip flops don't go well, at least not in this country, China maybe where they wear the platform style flip flop.  May I be excused from donning pirate sox?  BTW.....went on your sight and YOU ARE AN AWSOME ARTIST!  I bow to your spirit my talented Cappy. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Battyp

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 04:48:19 pm »
Come on Arushi where is your sense of fashion??  You know darn good and well the blue hairs make that fashion statment daily  LOL
(socks and flip flops/sandals) Can you imagine if all of a sudden they traded in the knee high black socks for pirate socks? OMG!  :o

Deb so sorry to hear about Dr. Luv....hope all goes well.

Yep Tony would have been a CNN Special report. They'd have to catch us before they can sink us!

Deb is a very talented artist! I can paint like that in my mind  LOL

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 06:24:06 pm »
My poor Dr Love is really in bad shape and really suffering and it is breaking my heart! All he can do is lie on the living room floor on the pallet I made for him outta pool floats and quilts. I picked up his MRIs todays and we looked at em and his L5 disc has a huge lump sticking out of it. He heeds to have this surgery tomorrow and will probably have to wait weeks for it.  I am having a crying fit about every day over it.  He is such an active energetic guy. What's gonna happen when I get a brainwreck? I'm stocking up on canned soup just in case neither of us can function for a day or two. Help!

Capt Deb

marg

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 11:01:35 pm »
Capt Deb,
   It is so hard when the person we love is in pain and we can't fix it !  I wish I was close enough to help out for a couple days..... but know I'll be praying for the two of you.   I hope Dr Love's appointment goes well on Nov. 1st and he can get something done about his disc  asap.   I'll have a lot of time to pray for him that day..... I have an MRI to check and see that there is no AN left (or that it has come back.... GOD FORBID !!!  )..... anyway,   I'd rather be thinking about the 2 of you  than the test. 

Many Hugs Captain .... remember your crew is loyal and we are here for you.
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

satman

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 09:37:08 am »
Ang all this time I thought the cap
confiscated a new AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRLEY  and took
her a road trip .
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 08:48:59 pm »
Well, it finally happened-- I went solo hiking--something I never do--down to a waterfall to take some badly needed research pix and when I got up there BAM! Massive migraine time. Got a hundred or so pix taken first and then I had to climb up out of the ravine and then down the hill. I noticed that when I stopped to take a pic, the headache would stop. I wear bifocals and was traveling down hill, so I'm thinkin head position had alot to do with it.  Tried to keep my "chin up" on the way down the mountain path.

Relaxed in the car a while before I drove through the throngs of leafpeepers (on a Saturday) to the pharmacy to get Dr Love's pain prescrpition, which he was out of. By the time I arrived at the drugstore, 25 minute drive, I was panting and white as a sheet and Abby, the pharmacist, took me into the back room to let me give myself a shot of Immitrex and chill out for a bit.  They know me quite well there---it's a small town! Then I had to freakin drive HOME!

The Imitrex just took the edge off the full blown brainwreck and both of us were down for the count and wondering if this was what old age was gonna be like! It just sucked! I guess misery just loved our company that day. Stupid brainwreck lasted until midnight and after-effects felt most of the next day--sore neck and shoulders and very fatigued.  Where is Nurse Nancy when ya need her?

This is a real role reversal for me and a lesson in compassion.  Thanks to all of you posting on this thread. I love you all.

Capt Deb 8)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:50:48 pm by Captain Deb »