Author Topic: Pre-treatment eye issues / headaches ......  (Read 1769 times)

Denisex2boys

Pre-treatment eye issues / headaches ......
« on: November 01, 2007, 02:18:53 pm »
Just want to know that I am NOT going out of my mind here ........  I got a new eyeglass prescription this past July - (oh yes, the dreaded bifocals) - but for the past week or so (on my AN side) - my left eye just does not want to seem to focus right - even with squinting, opening my eye wide - it just seems unfocused - I just wondered if this could be part and parcel of the headaches I seem to wake up with EVERY day now as well.  I haven't been able to find any info. on pre-treatment eye issues.

As you know - - here in the 'Great White North' nothing is quick - I am back to see my ENT this Monday, another MRI scheduled for Dec. and then my appointment with the Surgeon has been pushed up from April '08 to at least Feb.
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Pre-treatment eye issues / headaches ......
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 04:27:34 pm »
Hi Denisex2boys,

I had the same problem.  My ENT was useless.  I went to see a neurologist and a neurontologist.  I'm on topamax which I take nightly and it has helped.  I was able to see the neurontologist within five weeks. 

Where abouts do you live in the great white north?  If you are in the southern Ont send me a private message and I will give you his name and number.  He is more advanced than an ENT.  He will spend a lot of time with you and will answer your questions.  He did a lot of testing with me that the ENT did not.  It might be worth a second opinion.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Denisex2boys

Re: Pre-treatment eye issues / headaches ......
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:49:57 am »
Thanks Anne Marie -- I am in the Kitchener area (home of Oktoberfest!!!!).

I actually have not been back to my ENT since the diagnosis - hopefully if this eye / headache issue is directly related to the AN then he will get me on something.  I will take any info. you can give me.

I have already met with the 'Team' in London, ON and they are awesome!
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Charlotte Lady

just a guess
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 08:05:42 am »
I'd think the eye problem is related to your AN.  The facial nerve runs parallel to the auditory nerve where ANs grow.  The AN may be pushing on the facial nerve causing the eye to act up.  Can you call and see if you can get the surgery pushed forward since you have new symptoms? (if that's what you want to do)

Donna
1.5 cm AN removed 9/25/07.