Author Topic: finally finished treatments  (Read 2594 times)

Peggy

finally finished treatments
« on: December 16, 2007, 10:50:25 am »
Just to let everyone know, I did the FSR 26 treatments at Jefferson Univ, in Philadelphia I must say the staff over there is terrific, they made me and my husband feel so comfortable and confident in our choice.  so far I feel fine, a bit lightheaded at times and nausea sometimes but not too bad, I pray that I can get through xmas without any problems, we are having everyone over on xmas eve and I sure dont want to feel sick,  after that I'll deal with whatever comes my way, hope and pray I get through this with minimual side affects, thanks for everyones support and info, without this site I don't know what I would have done.

have a nice holiday and lets hope 2008 is a good one.

peggy

Mark

Re: finally finished treatments
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 11:08:26 am »
Congratulations Peggy, welcome to the world of the "Posties"  :D

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 12:13:09 pm »
Hi Peggy the postie, congratulations on getting it done. I'm glad to hear it went well. I'm sure you'll do fine in the days and months ahead.

Have a great holiday season. I hope 2008 brings good news to all of us.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 09:15:26 pm »
Congrats!!! I hope everything goes well. Have a happy holidays and a happy new year!!! ;D
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Dealy

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 09:31:33 am »
Welcome to the 25 Session FSR club. I had mine last summer at Johns Hopkins. I am over a year and still experience extreme tiredness after working an 8 hour day. I am usually in bed by 7PM. If I try to stay up later-almost impossible. Radiation takes alot out of you without you realizing it sometimes. I also was told my memory will suffer. You guessed it-I cannot even remember some people's names that I do not frequently deal with. My mind is just blank. I was told this can happen. Of course every one is different. So here's a XMAS wish for 2008. THAT THE RADIATION WILL ZAP THAT BOOGER IN YOUR HEAD-PERIOD. I am coming up on my year and a half MRI. The last one showed it was dying in the center. However mine swoll at 9 months and shrank back down. Not all radiated tumors swell but mine did-so do not be alarmed if that does in the future for you. Best wishes for a NEW YEAR-2008. thanks_Ron

candtlaw

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 07:53:35 am »
CONGRATS... I hope that your holidays were good and you were able to enjoy. Happy New Year!
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)