Author Topic: Pitty Party  (Read 7704 times)

debora

Pitty Party
« on: December 27, 2007, 05:59:25 pm »
It's been a really rough week and I was wondering if anyone wanted to come to my pitty party.  Guess I need a swift kick to remind me of my blessings.  :'(

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Pitty Party
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 06:35:54 pm »
I'll join you!!!  I'm feeling really yucky today too.  Too tired, worn out :'( 

Christmas was great for my husband and sons but the rest of the out laws can just stay home next year.  I cooked for two days.  Cleaned and put away..... its best not to go there.  Next year I think I'm going to change faiths!!

Hey where's the popcorn when we need it? 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

OMG16

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 08:33:56 pm »
I have a fresh bowl of popcorn for anyone that needs it.  I've had some medical problems lately and I'll join the pity party even though I'm feeling better now.  I'm not looking forward to the surgery and recovery that I have to go through.  Not even close to what you guys have gone through, so I shouldn't complain.  I just hate to miss a good party.  I'll sing for you also just name the tune.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 09:14:20 pm »
Hey I will bring some soggy Oregon snow balls. You have to throw them around before the melt... as “the rains� are in the forecast.

My youngest has her snowball stored in the freezer ... and is mourning that ole frosty is melting and washing away… leaving only his muddy scarf and the carrot as evidence (guaranteed to be eaten by the raccoons overnight)

But boy the Christmas snow was SO fun while it lasted.

OK we have at the party popcorn balls, snowballs... MMMM melon balls?

Who else is coming and what are you going to bring?

Cheers,

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Jeanlea

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 09:20:52 pm »
I will bring some chocolates to the party.  I need to share it so I don't eat it all myself.  I've been spending time thinking back to where I was right after my surgery.  Even though I'm not back to normal I'm not as bad as I was then.  I've been feeling a bit depressed too.  I tried downhill skiing for the first time right  before Christmas and found that I couldn't do it.  I've been noticing more balance problems since then.  Probably just my perceptions.  Hey...chocolate melted on the popcorn would be good!

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 09:26:46 pm »
MMMM...

How about melon balls dipped in chocolate fondue?

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

sgerrard

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 12:47:00 am »
I had such a bad cold this week, I had to stay home, and I missed the family Christmas gathering. All I could do, between the naps and the chicken noodle soup, was sit at the computer composing a Christmas poem. So I'll be bringing the Kleenex.  :'(

I think I'll pass on chocolate covered melon balls, but if Anne Marie has some of that bacon-covered turkey and stuffing left over, that might cheer me up pretty quick. :D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

satman

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 04:39:29 am »
It's not a party without the ole Texas staple,guess what I bring to partys ?
TEQUILLA,cheers you right up !
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 09:18:28 am »
Ewe gross super 8 – you aren’t going to eat that worm again are you? ::)

… Just the thought gives me the willies…

:)

Samantha n Adrian

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 10:05:27 am »
Hi Guys…..Adrian here.  I bring Florida sunshine (almost 80 deg today) and a size 12 EEE to kick everyone right in the rump!  I’m always the one to stir the proverbial $@%t pot….so here I go again.

Sam’s eldest daughter’s best friend, 15 years old, has been in the hospital for almost 2 months now from meningitis.  She has been in an induced coma with the top of her skull removed to allow for the swelling of her brain.  She has a “spider webâ€? of electrodes attached to her brain to fire stimuli at precise moments so her brain is not over or under stimulated to allow for the swelling to subside.

As you can imagine, her parents are a mess.  They started out good, with positive hopes, and with each passing day, seeing their daughter in a coma, those positive hopes become harder to grasp.

Sam and I both agree that what we went through was nothing in comparison.  I obviously physically went through surgery and came out with the loss of hearing in my right ear and facial palsy that “shouldâ€? be temporary.  Sam endured my 15 hour surgery emotionally and I think she had the more difficult task of the 2 of us.

Everyday I thank God for my AN.  It was not cancer……..it was treatable……and I am doing great all things considered.  I know there are SOOOOOO many people that would love to be in my AN shoes.  I too get discouraged especially when catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror or see myself in a picture, or can’t understand what someone says to me in a loud environment, but I’ll take my residual effects any day and every day if it means I’m alive and well.

Food for thought everyone.  Keep your spirits high, and remember there are others who have it worse.

Respectfully,
Adrian
Age 35/ 4cm AN right side, Transpetrosal aproach, 9/6/07
Dr. Loren Bartels - Otolaryngology & partner Dr. Christopher Danner
Dr. Harry van Loveren - Neurosurgeon & partner Dr. Levine
Dr. David Samuels - Anesthesiologist
Tampa General Hopital, Tampa FL
These guys re-assembled Humpty Dumpty!

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 10:40:29 am »
Geez what a party pooper!   ;)   

As long as there's tequila, I'll be there.  Don't need a pity party, but I over-did it on Saturday cleaning, so have been sleeping a lot and missed half of the holidays.  Plus been whacked with really bad cramps.  Really need something not too noisy to get me back up and running again!  I'm ready to feel better!

Adrian, right there with ya....in the last week a co-worker lost a son to a one car accident (wasn't wearing his seatbelt..with friends, not with dad) and another attorney I used to work with is in the hospital in a coma from a different car accident.  Has 2 very young kids and a loving wife wrecked with grief.  The dreaded TBI.  I will keep my crappy little tumor hole and experience in comparison.  Wouldn't trade it for the world. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

satman

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 12:04:51 pm »
Leave it to the guy from Florida to spoil a good party,
just kidding Adrian,No child should have to endure that,she has my prayers.
the one good thing about it,if you can call it a good thing is she knows or feels
totally nothing. please keep us updated on her,I will be checking.
dont make me bring a size 13 to the sunshine state.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Samantha n Adrian

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 12:16:15 pm »
BRING IT DON'T SING IT....TEX!!!  :-\

I truly don't mean to spoil a party, Lord knows I love to be the life of one!  I don't know if you've read any of my past posts where I talk about not always being the most "positive" person.  My AN has tought me to work on that! 

Age 35/ 4cm AN right side, Transpetrosal aproach, 9/6/07
Dr. Loren Bartels - Otolaryngology & partner Dr. Christopher Danner
Dr. Harry van Loveren - Neurosurgeon & partner Dr. Levine
Dr. David Samuels - Anesthesiologist
Tampa General Hopital, Tampa FL
These guys re-assembled Humpty Dumpty!

HCSTARWIND

• attitude is 90%
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 12:27:26 pm »
Hi and Merry Christmas to all! Jeanlea, I also tried to downhill ski. Too shaky and dizzy for me which is a bummer because I miss it. I use to be a ski patroller and now I feel like I can't even snow plow! I think I will try cross country skiing this year. Been walking on the treadmill and still can't let go of the bar. So guess I'll also join the party and savor Mexican food. Anybody like along with the tequila? All kidding aside, I had a wonderful Christmas this year. My new grandchild was here along with a zillion other people . Exhausting , but what fun. Now the house is quiet except for the constant noise Tinnitus in my head. I am thankful that at this point I don't have to consider surgery. I am having some facial numbness and weakness on the left but it is related to a vessel irritation on the trigeminal nerve. If I am rested, I am good to go. Take care everyone and have a Happier New Year. Helen
Dx, AN left IAC, 3x9x2x3mm. Now 5x5mm , Nov. 07. Watch and wait for now.

lori67

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 12:49:15 pm »
I hate to miss a good party too - so count me in.  I don't have much skill in the kitchen, but I can bring my leftover Christmas cookies.  And how 'bout some rum?  Didn't hear any mention of rum.  I have a feeling Satman will be drinking all the tequila!

Happy New Year to everyone.  Let's all think happy thoughts for 2008!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.