Author Topic: Pitty Party  (Read 7702 times)

satman

Re: Pitty Party
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 06:05:03 am »
Hi Adrian,I know what you mean about the changes.This AN thing has made me more
compasionate towards other people,and for me thats a huge change,being in the media I always see the bad things,very bad things and I use to just put all that out of my head,but now I stop and think about how the situation,whatever that may be, will affect the victim for the rest of thier lives.
for example,I once covered a story where the mother of an infant cut off her babys arms [3-4 month old] I was concentrating on what the crew[news crew] could get for lunch,etc,now I would literally want to beat that woman to death...
The AN brought me back to where I needed to be,I now care.
I hope all that makes sense.
can I bring a party down or what? I am still working on the whole compasssion thing when it comes to all the panhandlers ,in time I guess,babysteps..
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Dealy

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 08:16:01 am »
Greetings from the State of Kansas. A Big Item I can bring too the Party-and is a hit around where I live at least is_Raw Hamburger. No Kidding. You have too season it really well but it is actually raw. People go nuts for it over the Holidays here-a real tradition. I cannot not eat it anymore because of the spices. Raw hamburger and Beer. So anyway-here is my pity for the year. Got my MRI last Thursday-this will be for a year and a half after Radiation. No results back yet but I have lost another 5 Decibels in hearing. have too have my Hearing Aid Readjusted this morn-too distorted and tinny. I got my 1 year evaluation at work before the Holidays. Was told I concentrate too much on my health issues and I need too accept my deafness and get on with life. Evaluation was a satisfactory but AT first it really teed me off. How dare you tell me how too accept my health when you have no problems-then I got too thinking. Ignorance is bliss-every dog has it's day. Some day they may be in need of understanding about health issues, but that is how people respond too illness they can not even fathom or understand-so you go on and accept I guess because you have no other choice. Don't you just love the human race-how we are always judging someone else. SO ANYONE FOR SOME RAW HAMBURGER. LOVE AND MAY YOU ALL HAVE A BETTER 2008-RON

Pembo

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 08:45:57 am »
It's sunny in Ohio this morning, but 29 degrees. I have cut-out cookies that need to leave my house....The last few days I've had an odd pain running up the back of my head. 3 1/2 years later and those weird pains still get me..
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 08:57:19 am »
I actually use to eat RAW burger all the time ... (I have not for a while) ... but I do like my steaks on the rare side ... to the point it grosses my wife out ..  ;D 
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

lori67

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 11:02:45 am »
BLEEECCHHHHH!  Raw Hamburger?? I've never heard of eating a raw hamburger!!!!  Is it still mooing when it sits on the bun?

I'm still learning to like grits since moving to the south - that's daring enough for me.

Lori :P
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Mary 117

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 11:42:47 am »
Raw Hamburger, ucchhh, with beer, double uch. I'll bring popcorn with tabascco sauce on it. My personal favorite and it keeps the kids out of my popcorn bowl. The dogs don't seem to mind. Pass the tequila and happy new year!!!
Mary

2cm AN, HEI, Dr. Brackmann, 05/24/05
2cm x 1.5cm AN, Middle Fossa, Dr. Brackmann  05/24/05
Mild hearing loss, mild facial weakness, no balance issues

"well behaved women seldom make history"

Dealy

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 02:34:23 pm »
Raw hamburger is not served on a bun. You dip it with crackers or so. It sounds awful but it is really good. Awfully spicy though. The local meat processor's sell out early over the Holidays and alot of taverns serve it during the Holidays. It is actually a German tradition. The area that I live in has a Germanic background and ancestry so this is where this originated from. When my best friend got married years and years ago we ate a whole bowl full with pitchers of ice cold beer. I bet if I served some too some of you and never told you what it was you would say-Oh how tasty-what is it. Of course a good host never reveals their secret. Happy New Year- Have some Raw hamburger-Ron

Boppie

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 02:39:01 pm »
I got a big feverblister and had to swear off sweets and chocolate for the holidays, boo-hoo!

I am attending the neighborhood party where everyone has margueritas and lots of loud game playing.  I broke the news to our hostess that I'd be bringing my gigsaw puzzle and a glass of my "favorite" wine.  Not too much pitty for me, I'll be wearing an earplug in my good ear. C'est la vie!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 02:41:41 pm by Boppie »

lori67

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 07:14:54 pm »
I think I'll stick with the Italian tradition of lentil soup and lasagna for New Years.  Sounds better than raw burgers.  Tell you what Ron, if we wind up at the same party - you can have my share!!  I'll just eat the crackers!  And the beer.   ;D
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jeanlea

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 12:24:10 am »
I remember having that as a kid.  I think it was called Rawdog.  The taste was pretty good if I remember correctly.  Must have been made by some of the many Germans around here. 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

CarrollMoore

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2008, 07:19:32 am »
PARTY - YEA
2008 is here and I am still in Indiana, while my films are still stashed on top of the armoir in my bedroom and the noise in my head was the only thing awake to welcome the new year.  I have been on the diagnostic wheel of life since the last of August at which time I was only battling Diabetis, Depression & Fibromyalgia.  At the end of August following a heart Cath I was labled with Viral Myocardiomyopothy (Virus attacked my heart) and Hypertension: that was changed to Non-ischemic Myocardiomyopothy after a CMRI.  The onset of dizziness was attributed to my fluxuating blood pressure which the Cardiologist eventually (3 Months later) decided that it could be coming from my inner ear and forwarded me on to an ENT.  Wow - the ENT discovered that I have lost all of my low-tone hearing and a portion of my high frequency as well.  (Oh, and I had been hearing tweeps and ocean sounds for months but had not reported them due to all of the other more pressing issues).  MRI was done and I was set up for an ECOG and ABR test along with a consult with a Neurotologist on Jan. 15.
So, my depression worsened and my meds were changed.  My diabetic diet became a diabetic/cardio diet.  My son (33 years old and Pastor of a church elected to write me out of his life - to quote him, "It's not healty for he and his family to be in my presence, as he believes that all of my conditions stem from my mental illness!"  So, I spent Christmas without seeing my five-year-old granddaughter.
So, I too would like to attend the PARTY.  I will be attending alone as the wonderful husband who supports me, watches over me, and laughs when I lose the dog, lose my heart meds, bake a frozen pizza on the cardboard disc etc. could use a break.
Is this a dress-up affair?

lori67

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 10:47:20 am »
Oh, no - come as you are!  And if you find the dog, bring him too!

Sounds like you've had a heck of a year.  I hope this one is better.  You've had more than your share of things to deal with.  Your husband isn't the only one who needs a break - you do too.

Hang in there!!
Lori
p.s.  I don't usually lose my dog, as she's stuck to me like velcro half the time - I do tend to lose my kids in the house - and yesterday I spent 15 minutes looking for my sunglasses - that were in my hand the whole time!!

TastyKakeman

• 2.0cm removed John Hopkins Dr Henry Brem .
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 12:08:06 pm »
A year and three months post-op. Still have balance problems and left side of face still can't make a full smile.Tinnitis is full blown now.I have to adapt to crowded places and noises. I thank GOD for his healing and I still pray that some day I will awaken to a full smile. I got I great tropical drink (went on a cruise last July and found it) Mango and strawberry smoothie with rum.On the ship its called the the love connection Ran up a heck of a bar tab on the ship. I think we should all go on a cruise. Lots of partying. Talk about balance. No pitty paryty for me. You got to get up and go .
                                                                                                                          Tastykake
Bob

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2008, 02:04:53 pm »
Hey Tasykakeman, we've been on a cruise over on the Good Morning thread for over a year now. Start on about page 20. Right mateys? Steak Tartare. Mmmmm. Usta serve it at Club Comance in Christiansted on the Island of St Croix. With a raw egg and lots of lemon and capers and finely chopped red onion and tomatoes and pickles and stuff.  With crusty French bread. Yummm.

I'm ready to cut loose some relatives, too. My step-daughter decided to wreck everyones New-years Eve.
 Not fun. Wish she'd get some counselling!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 12:43:08 pm »
Partaaaaayyyy!  I'm for that, and can I bring my sister-in-law as she brings a naked uniqueness crankin it up a notch?  Let me back up to the 30th of December and my family reunion at my house.  Here's the "pitty" part.....I'm experiencing some of the worst vertigo (much like three years ago when I had my surgery) even while my eyes are closed and with the help of son, daughter, son-in-law, and hubby we pulled off this reunion.  Here's the "party" part.....People were sleeping here there, everywhere in da house.  The two large dogs constantly chasing, play biting one another around our legs and knocking me off kilter one too many times, adding to the ruckus was my grandaughter squeeling gleefully!  My neices and nephews started betting on which aunt would fall in the pool first as they were guzzling vodkatinis, wine and beer.  Both sisters-in-law decided to jump into the pool together and after some more drinks later, one decided to strip and before you know it......(use your imagination).  What a sight they were, wet rats laughing loudly, dogs running around the pool barking as this surely upset them thinking they were in trouble and the rest of us were holding our splitting sides from laughter!!  Thankfully my elderly parents left before the stripper act as just jumping into the pool was not on their list of best party behavior.  Oh yes, and I'm still feeling crappy and probably will through January until my surgery in February. 

Happy, healthy New Year to all!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear