Author Topic: an update on Deea from her family  (Read 5328 times)

deea

an update on Deea from her family
« on: February 07, 2008, 08:41:13 pm »
Many of you may remember my mom, "Deea".  This is her daughter posting... and I just wanted to thank all of you for being there for her through a very difficult and uncertain time in her life.  I was so glad that she had found this board, because although i could try to support her in any way that i could (and also anyway that our entire family could) you all were able to touch her life in a way that we could not. That was precious to her.  Thank you all for that!! My mom was an amazing person and her strength and faith were phenominal... but this past year has been so difficult for everyone.  She tried to always put on a brave face, but there came a point when she just couldn't be around her grandkids because of the noise and discomfort.. and then even phone conversations were hard but she did her best to always make us feel important and wanted and loved. The time awaiiting for her surgery was challenging, but she faced it with a smile.  She endured the surgery with amazing strength and pulled through with the strength and determination I could expect from my mother.  As soon as she was up and about she was more worried about other people and how she could help--and with this she had joy in her voice and in her heart.  She struggled over the past few months with severe depression  (possible bipolar disorder) as well as some new medical problems.  My mom passed away this past week and will be missed intensly.  Although this past year was challenging for my mom, it also strengthened her faith and allowed her to touch the lives of so many people.  Thank you for being there for her - and for remembering her.  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 07:56:21 am by deea »

Glenda

Re: an update on Deea from her family
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:06:27 pm »
I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother.  Bipolar is a terrible mental illness and at times very hard to get under control with medication.  My 37 yr old nephew in law also was bipolar and took his own life only 3 weeks ago.  He left a wife and 3 young daughters.  The pain you feel is an especially hurtful pain when self inflicted death is involved.  I pray for your entire family at this time.  May the Lord comfort you and may you know that she is no longer tormented by her own thoughts and feelings.  Remember the happy times and cling to those. 

Big comforting hugs to you......God Bless you and your family!!
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

kelli

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:41:03 pm »
I am so sorry to learn of the loss of your mom.  Thank you for sharing her story.  Sending you and your family love and prayers.  God Bless.
Diagnosed 3cm AN January 2007
Tried holistic treatments for one year. Finally had posterior fossa at Kaiser Redwood City with Dr. Nutik on Dec 20. Followed by cyberknife at Stanford in April for residual tumor.
Thank you Dr. Nutik!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:22:04 am »
Claudia's daughter -

I am at a loss as to what to say to you.  I am so terribly sad to hear about your mother.   :'( 

I remember reading and responding to her posts and to her PMs; she was a wonderful person and her faith was so incredibly strong.  She seemed so upbeat; I didn't realize that she was having a difficult time and I feel bad that I didn't clue in to that.

Thank you for thinking enough of us to tell us what happened to your mother; it must have been so difficult for you to post this.  My heart goes out to you.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family; may Claudia rest in peace.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

hendi51

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 05:30:42 am »
I am so sorry for your lose. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
My husband had translab 3/15/2011 for 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm left side AN at
Methodist University Hospital in
Memphis, Tn

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 06:15:13 am »
I am at a total loss..... thank you so much for sharing this with us.... my deepest, heartfelt condolences to you and your family.... such a tragic loss of a beautiful woman. :'(  :'(  :'(

I am so so sorry.......

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 11:35:46 am »
I'm so sorry .. :'( thank you for letting us know and condolences to your family
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

OMG16

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 02:24:30 pm »
My heart is breaking for you and your family.  I am so sorry.  :'(  Please remember that we are here to support you and your family also and don't hesitate to post if you need our help.  I wish I could give you a real kiss on your forehead and a hug but since that is not possible I will send it through my post. xoxoxo  :-* With deepest sympathy 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 02:53:03 pm »
Deea's daughter:

Your message came as a shock but I deeply appreciate your effort to inform those of us who knew and corresponded with your mom. I was also dismayed to learn of Deea's bi-polar disorder and other struggles, because I was totally unaware she endured these problems.

I want to offer my sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of Claudia.  We shared a spiritual faith and I would like to think I was one of the folks who was of some small help to her during her AN experience.  We once exchanged PM's and I now regret that I was unable to call her, as she had suggested.  However, we were able to share a moment of amusement when I wrote her that she had the same first name as my younger sister, who always hated her name (Claudia) and changed it (to Christine) when she was 18.

I'm pleased that your mom was such an inspiration to you and I trust that she'll remain so, as you remember her in the years to come.

Jim
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:33:22 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

gordy

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 04:55:15 pm »
so sorry for the lose of your mom. just remember shes always with you. hope that you and your family find strength in these difficult times.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 05:07:53 pm »
May she rest in peace.   My thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family,   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Denisex2boys

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 11:24:03 pm »
I send my ((((HUGS)))) - and I am so sorry for your loss ....
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

cookiesecond

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 11:41:52 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I pray God will bless you with wonderful memories and His supernatural peace now and in the days to come.Take care and remember we are always here if you need us.
Love and prayers,
Lynn

OMG16

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 03:16:03 pm »
I was just thinking of you and your family today and wanted you to know this.  Take care 16.  :-*
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

jerseygirl

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 09:34:14 pm »
What an unfortunate turn of events! I am very sorry about your loss.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.