Author Topic: Numbness and tingling in lower lip  (Read 7221 times)

HCSTARWIND

• attitude is 90%
Numbness and tingling in lower lip
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:58:42 pm »
Several of you today mentioned you had tingling and numbness in your lower lip. I have an AN , it is very small as of May 07. My facial numbness and tingling is worsening of late. Sometimes I feel it on the side of my tongue and difficult to swallow. I also have been having pressure headache over my left temple and above my left eye. If I look in the mirror, I notice a droop of that side , however slight. Next MRI is in one year from the last one. The trigeminal nerve was ok. However it noted a prominent vascular structure crossing the trigeminal nerve in the Meckel's cave near the cistern.?? Tried Tregretol, couldn't tol side effects. Sometimes it is a fine line between knowing just what to do or your a hypochrondriac. Trying to be patient. Watching and Waiting. Any comments on this. Helen
Dx, AN left IAC, 3x9x2x3mm. Now 5x5mm , Nov. 07. Watch and wait for now.

OTO

Re: Numbness and tingling in lower lip
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:26:31 pm »
HCSTARWIND

I know when I was diagnosised, and was researching my options and then waiting for my surgery, I noticed tingling and twitching in my face and lip.  Some of it I assumed was the AN pressing on the facial nerve, some of it might have been from sleeping on that side of my face (it just felt more comfortable sleeping with the AN ear down on the pillow), and some of it was stress.   The neurosurgeon whom I went to for a second opinion, wasn't concerned, and said it was typical of an AN.   Some days were better than others...  best wishes...

« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 04:29:25 pm by OTO »

HCSTARWIND

• attitude is 90%
Re: Numbness and tingling in lower lip
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 09:04:03 pm »
Thanks Oto--I know that I have this thing in my head and I was doing ok until it showed growth. With waiting, even though they don't grow more than 1-2mm per year and some not at all , it just gets to me. Most of the time it is when I experience more of the tongue and swallowing sensations. It could very well be the other things also going on in my head. I see some of the folks on here have had rapid growth at times, so there is not hard and fast rule on this thing. Sometimes I just need to know someone who is in the same boat as I am  gets what I am talking about. Thanks for responding. Helen
Dx, AN left IAC, 3x9x2x3mm. Now 5x5mm , Nov. 07. Watch and wait for now.