Author Topic: I would like you to meet my son!  (Read 7088 times)

OMG16

I would like you to meet my son!
« on: February 09, 2008, 09:23:49 pm »
I finally had my husband put my sons picture up for all of you to see!  I would like to introduce "Baby Pumpkin" to all of my forum members.  This is his senior picture from last year.  We hired a guy that knows how to disguise his left sided paralysis as this was important to him for his yearbook.  The photographer spent about 3 hours shooting hundreds of pictures and made him feel just like a model.  It was a wonderful experience for all of us.  They even added his picture for one of the ones they show prospective clients.  Doesn't he look like the sweetest soul you have ever seen.  I guess I am biased to say the least.   :D 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Kaybo

Re: I would like you to meet my son!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »
what a stud!!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

OMG16

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 10:22:11 pm »
Thanks K I will let him know what you have said he will be thrilled and I will get to see his crooked smile just like in his picture!  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

cookiesecond

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 11:32:37 pm »
What a cutie! Thanks for sharing him with us. I know you are proud and rightly so.
Take care,
Lynn

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 06:23:20 am »
My fourteen and sixteen year old grand daughters say, "He's hot!"  I have to agree.  Great smile too.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 08:29:25 am »
what a cutie-patootie! Thanks 16 for sharing such a wonderful young man with us (and thank the spouse as well)... and for sharing a part of your life with us! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 08:47:28 am »
16:  He is a handsome young man, you must be very proud!   
      The picture is excellent - I cannot see any paralysis at all.   Baby Pumkin isn't a baby anymore!
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 08:48:06 am »
16 -

VERY handsome young man.

Thanks for sharing,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 09:31:14 am »

He is gorgeous!!! 

I too am the proud momma of of 4 sons.  My eldest will be 21 in May, my 2nd is 19(Jan), my 3rd will be 18 in March and my baby will be 17 in June.

My sons are my life!

I bet he is a momma's boy like mine.  I mean that in a loving way.  My sons talk to me all the time.  Sometimes their father gets his nose out of joint but what's a mom to do?

Once again he is gorgeous!!!!

Anne Marie

Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 09:32:49 am »
Well I have never seen a picture of his mother but I know her to be very beautiful  :)- as she displays her character in her writing… kind, caring and nurturing.

I think he is one lucky kid to have her as his mom.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:09:45 am by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

OMG16

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 01:30:34 pm »
I want all of you to know that by posting this picture and letting all of you share in our lives is a healing process for me and a very big  step.  This is the final step in healing as trust is the hardest thing to regain after what we have been through.  Thank you all for helping me through this.  You may not have even been aware that you were having such a huge impact on our lives.  Words just don't seem to be enough so I will just say Thank You from the bottom of my heart and soul!

4 you always know exactly what to say to me.  Maybe I will post a pic of me after I heal from my surgery that has caused allot of facial deformity for a long time.  I have also aged so much these last 3 years.  We are recovering well as a family and we would not be where we are now if not for all of you!

Anne Marie my goodness the testosterone in you family must be tremendous at times.  Yes he is a MB or as my husband teases a little Milton Bradly or Miltie for short.  My husband understands that we have a special bond and there is nothing quite like a bond between a Mother and their child.  This is even stronger since his brush with death and his recovery.  I have found that Dads have a different kind of bond that is equally important in the developement of young men.

Jan thank you and I will share your post with him.

Nancy he will always be my Baby Pumpkin no matter what and I believe he is OK with that at least while we are in private.

Phyl you just seem to always know what the meaning of what is not said is.  Thank you for picking up on that.

Brenda with all you are going through it means so much for you to take the time to show your Granddaughters his pic and then post.  He will be thrilled when I read these posts to him.  His head may swell to much!

Lynn I am so proud of him and he definatly deserves all of my pride.  He is just a wonderful person!  Even when he has his teenage moments.  I am just so happy to still have him around.

Mindy I sent you a PM and read him your PM to me he gave me that lopsided grin and he had that twinkle in his eyes that I just love to see.

I Love all of you and you are all so special to me and my family.  :-* Kisses to all of you!  16

lori67

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 01:36:33 pm »
He is definitely a cutie!  You can't even tell there are any signs of facial issues!  He looks great!

And I'm sure he just loves when you call him your Baby Pumpkin!  I can just see him rolling his eyes like my 16 year old son does when I call him something embarrassing!  Oh well, what's a mother for, right? 

I hope he continues to progress and make your proud!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 01:37:49 pm »
How about the full size picture!

4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

OMG16

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 01:47:29 pm »
Lori don't you just love that eye rolling thing!  I do get that look also and just smile to myself when it happens as it did not happen for quite awhile after his stroke.

Joef now that does his picture justice!  Thank you for this and you have just made me cry as I am so proud of him.  16

Kaybo

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 02:50:29 pm »
I'm so glad that Joe got the picture big as the little one didn't do him true justice.  I agree w/ Lori -- you can't even tell he's "lopsided"!!  Do you think this photographer could work miracles w/ me?  Not really, I have had great photographers over the years (Dave's sister being one) and I am OK w/ my face (at least 99.9% of the time!!)!
Thanks for sharing a GREAT picture!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!