Author Topic: Hello, sorry its been so long  (Read 4496 times)

cheza

• I must be strong, this thing is beating me
    • facebook
Hello, sorry its been so long
« on: April 05, 2008, 09:36:19 am »
Hi everyone, especially 4  ;D

I finally got your message, been having real email and service provider problems yet again Orange broadband is rubbish,  >:(  its offical, I hope everyone is well! ;D

Did you enjoy your fish and chips 4? I haven't had fish and chips in ages!  :P

I am back at work now and feeling well, although work is really tiring  :-[, my facial palsy is still pretty much the same, my eye sitll won't close and I still only have half a smile, but I'm getting used to it now and I don't relly think about it much anymore, its just how I am, although I'm still camara shy and with my best friends wedding not to far off now I'm dreding the photos.

I have been to see my consultant and he seemed happy with my progress and I'm staring a course of physio next week, see if we can get things moving along a bit quicker.

I recived a letter from my consultant the other day after having a sacn some weeks ago, I have a "very small enhancing area" does anyone know what this means exactlly, i have never heard the term used before and assume its medical jargon  ???

Anyway, I'll get back soon, just wanted to say hi really,

Take care all, Cheryl XxX  :-*
diagnosed 4th Oct 07 with a 3cm left acoustic neuroma,
surgery 9th Nov 07, age 30 at time of surgery,
total hearing loss to left ear, grade 6 facial palsay (getting better)
latest MRI shows regrowth on facial nerve.

sgerrard

Re: Hello, sorry its been so long
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:59:52 pm »
Well I'm just happy to see you back on the forum, whatever sort of enhancements you may have.  :)

I'm glad to hear you are back at work and getting into a normal routine. I hope you can get somewhere doing the physio; but don't let a stupid AN keep you from going to your friend's wedding. Even do the photo shoots, you will want to have the pictures later, smile or no smile.

Stay well, Cheryl, nice to see you back.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:09:37 am »
Welcome back, Cheryl!  I had the term used, enchancing area, but it wasn't exxplained to me either.  I asked and the subject was changed.........I changed doctors and forgot to ask the new one!
Good luck and it is good to "see" you back.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 09:34:52 am »
Cheryl,

great to see you back! Hang in there.... sending continued wellness wishes  to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Welcome back! You've been missed!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 11:11:51 am »
Cheryl,

Hey – great to hear from you again! This is a nice little birthday present for me as I celebrate- today with my morning coffee and checking in on everyone here for my morning break. I was beginning to wonder if we would ever hear from you again.

I too freaked out over the words “enhancing area� – it turned out to be the fat they packed in my head that they removed from my abdomen. (Yes I am a fat and metal head) … and the radiologist was clueless how to read it and write up the report. Yup just a lump of fat I lost sleep over.

I am wondering- if the enhancement shrinks in the next MRI can I eat fried up fish and chips and fatty bacon to make up for it. (LOL)

I do hope to hear back from you by tea time- then I will bring out the Earl Grey tea, warmed milk, and crumpets for more celebration. (Ie “Bevies and bickies luv?�) Sure glad I lived to celebrate my birthday … this is one year that I have learned,
" life is to be celebrated!"

Sure glad to hear from you…

Cheers,

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 11:21:06 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 4!!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 11:23:38 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 4!!
K
Dang it! You JUST beat me to it!!!!!   ;)

HAPPY BURPDAY, 4!!!!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 12:44:06 pm »
Hey 4:   HAPPY BIRTHDAY,    &   MANY MORE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !    (29 EXCLAMATION POINTS FOR YOUR AGE - HOW'S THAT ?)       

Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

lori67

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 12:57:07 pm »
Cheza -  Welcome back!  I'm glad you're doing well and back at work.  I was wondering how thing were going with you.  Good to hear from you!

And 4 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Hope it's a great one and that the celebration lasts all day!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 01:18:13 pm »
Hi, Cheryl:

Good to see you post again and to learn that you're moving forward with your life.  I hope the therapy helps you regain more facial movement - but don't worry about wedding photos.  Everyone is looking at the bride, anyway.   ;)

By the way, I've had AT&T as my internet provider (DSL) for some time and have found it very satisfactory.  No problems.

4:  Happy Birthday to you!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 05:51:35 pm »
Hey 4,

I was wondering how come its been quiet at your end.  I'm so glad you are a fat head and a metal head ;D

Happy, Happy Birthday my friend. 

Many more returns................................ :-*

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 11:49:23 pm »
 :) Thanks for the birthday wishes. I am no longer 44. I no longer have a 4cm in my head ...and on that ole House Brackmann facial nerve scale  I have dropped from  4.4 to a 3.6 … Truth is I am glad to get the #4’s behind me. It was quite the year …Way too many 4’s happening in my life last year… time to celebrate a new year, new beginning and a new number.

My kids took me out to see the newly released movie Horton Hears a Who. It took me back to trying to explain to my doctor I knew something was wrong and no one believed me because they could not see it. When Horton tried to explain he heard a voice from a speck - he was met with the same skepticism.

Nothing like a children’s story to put us adults into perspective…

Have any of you ever read the Dr. Seuss Story You Are Only Old Once ?
http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Only-Once-Obsolete-Children/dp/0394551907

It is SO the acoustic neuroma journey…

Signed,

“Daisy Head Mazy�

Daisy
you ask?
http://www.amazon.com/Daisy-Head-Mayzie-Classic-Seuss-Dr/dp/0679867120/ref=pd_sim_v_img_1

(aka the former “4�)

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

sgerrard

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 11:59:50 pm »
Happy Birthday, 3.  :D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 01:19:07 am »
I better hop on in here and wish "Daisy" a happy belated birthday.  I had so many nice wishes for my birthday last month and it was really sweet,  so I want to pass my best wishes on to YOU!  Especially a fellow occupant of the Pacific Northwest. 

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 09:08:16 am »
AW chucks- Gee Whiz… Thanks guys and gals…

Here is another review I found about the Dr. Seuss book, You Are Only Old Once 

http://www.watermarkbooks.com/review0305-002.html

…to which I think is pretty accurate.

This is a must have for those days when the medical system of probing and prodding (of not just our bodies but our time & money  ::))- is getting to us ...as it helps us all to laugh at our bizarre AN journeys.

Daisy Head Mazy  :)
(Formerly “4â€?)  ;)