Author Topic: Top Neurological Hospitals in US  (Read 3135 times)

shoegirl

Top Neurological Hospitals in US
« on: November 16, 2005, 11:31:53 pm »
Hi!

Thought I would share this with you, ranking of top neurological hopsitals in U.S.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/health/best-hospitals/rankings/specihqneur.htm
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Battyp

Re: Top Neurological Hospitals in US
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 04:03:25 am »
I found a similar list before my surgery which listed different hospitals, mine being one of them in the top ten which doesn't even show on the list. 

shoegirl

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 07:58:02 am »
Princess,

Do you have the link for your list?  It would be interesting to compare. I would like to know if the hospital I am having my treatment at is on both lists?  Not that it is going to change my mind but just curious.

Thanks!
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Cheryl R

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 08:08:50 am »
   One should also know that some places who do AN's are not under the neurology dept but are in the otolaryngology dept.      2 neurotologists do the surgery at Univ of Iowa  and do 60 or more yearly.      The Oto dept have been ranked 2nd and 3rd in the Newsweek list.  I had my surgery there 4 yrs ago with Dr Bruce Gantz.       I know they have many who come from out of state.                                       Cheryl R.
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

sirialison

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 03:13:24 pm »
Just my two-cents here - but I couldn't agree more with the #1 ranking of Mayo! I had retro-sig surgery there last year with Dr. Link & Dr. Driscoll - luuky stars shown down because I happen to live in Minnesota! Yep, there are wonderful options here in the great white North!

Siri
Siri Meyer
3.5 cm left side AN
Retro-sig surgery
@ Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
November 24, 2004

debora

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 11:24:34 am »
I went to the Mayo in Rochester Mn.  has any one else been there and seen different doctors other than Dr Driscoll and Link?  I really need to know before I go back.

Deb

russ

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 06:07:16 pm »
Hi Deb!
  Driscoll and Link are my main Drs. up there. Are you dissatisfied with them? I think they are the main AN team.
  I've NF-2 so see someone in Genetics also.
  Next month I return for 3 days of testing to include my bi-annual head, neck and spine MRIs.
  Driscoll did train under Dr Jacklar at UCSF. Jacklar has since moved to Harvard or Stanford. I forgot which.
  Gantz in Iowa City is good if you would rather go another place than Mayo. My general feeling is Driscoll is quite conservative while Gantz, a little more adventurous, as befitting a teaching hospital at a University.
  Best wishes to you!
  Russ

debora

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 01:14:09 pm »
Russl, 

What was the size of your tumor, did they remove it, and when was that?  I am sorry to hear that you have NF2, I heard that can be pretty rough. 
They are the Doctors that I went to for my second opinion after radiation, we were very impressed the first time I saw them, I had a great deal of hope after my first visit...............................................2nd visit sucked,  I will leave it at that.
Good luck to you on your MRI's and let us know how they come out.
Happy Thanksgiving
Deb