Author Topic: Doctor at U of Michigan  (Read 2101 times)

george3933

Doctor at U of Michigan
« on: April 14, 2008, 07:00:02 am »

I am now five days into knowing that I have a 13 mm AN on my left side.  I am starting to pull together what I have to do for myself over the next month or so.  Hearing loss and ringing in my ear are my symptoms to date.

I have been given this advise through a doctor who practices in Ann Arbor, "Greg Thompson, MD at UM is the guy to see without question.  He is in the Neurosurgery Department".

Does anyone know of him or has anyone seen him or been treated by him?

Thanks much,

George
12mm x 9mm x 13mm AN on left side.  Diagnosed on 4/5/08.

Mickey

Re: Doctor at U of Michigan
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:09:42 am »
I`m  now about 8 months into knowing my approx. 13 mm AN. Second MRI showed it to be the same 6+ months later. Next MRI due around Sept. and probably the way I`m going to handle it. Watch and Wait. Basically there is alot of time to get whatever you choose to do in order. Good Luck , Mickey

Melissa778

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:23:00 am »
My An is 1.7cm to be removed translab by Dr. Jack Kartush at the Michigan Ear Institute in Southfield, MI.  31 days and counting....:) They have a wonderful team there with a multitude of experience.  I highly recommend them.  Dr. Jack Kartush invented a tool they use in AN surgery to help minimize facial nerve damage.  He has many years of experince and a wonderful staff.  I instantly felt at ease when I went to see him.  They also do Gamma there.  I chose the surgical route.  He does discuss all options with you.  Message me if you'd like more info on them or a phone # for a consult.

Melissa
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

thornapple

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 08:16:07 am »
Michigan Ear is really good but I have not been there ($%@*& HMO won't let me go).

I have seen El Kashlan at U of M and he is a prince among men. He would send you to whoever he thought you should see if he thought he wasn't the one.

here is the list of docs of U of Michigan:
http://www2.med.umich.edu/healthcenters/provider_list_by_dept.cfm?searchphys_specialty=OTO&searchphys_lname=By%20Last%20Name

george3933

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 03:56:28 pm »
So many thanks to all three of you for responding to me.

George

george3933

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 07:05:16 pm »
Michigan Ear is really good but I have not been there ($%@*& HMO won't let me go).

I have seen El Kashlan at U of M and he is a prince among men. He would send you to whoever he thought you should see if he thought he wasn't the one.

Thornapple - can you please tell me you El Kashlan is?  I opened the U of M link you sent, and his name does not appear on it.
Thanks,
George

thornapple

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 12:25:02 pm »
I too have been going to the Michigan Ear Institute (Dr. Michael LaRouere) for the past 4 years (through two surgeries) and I would highly recommend them. They have a great group there.